There's Something About Mary

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jun 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's Something About Mary v 2.0

Ok here is a silly little mod which i am posting mainly because it is so simple to do, and solves something that comes up surprisingly frequently.

Download the thing below, point it at Program Files/ToEE and unzip. It will replace the .scr of Mary in the brothel, and when u go to visit her, she will have a chicken and sheep in tow just as she should, and if u avail yourself of her services, the sheep will respond.

Not so fast - you have to make a couple protos.tab changes to get it to work (thats why I am posting this here, only modders will bother to do it).
    All there is to it. :D Of course, one day I will be able to mob the damn things in, but now THE SHEEP WILL TALK. I mean, it doesn't say much, its a sheep, right? But its something. It'll do for the moment.

Could some kind soul install this and make sure it works? The sheep should respond to dialogue, and butt in at the moment of... solicitation...

KNOWN ISSUES: If you are cheap and pay for the rooster, you still get the sheep when the time comes. Meh, so sue me.

O, and the other sheep in the game (Black Jay's and whatever others there are) will also be dialogable now, but they won't be frisky if you take my meaning.

Penicillin not included.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

ok, I'm gonna do add it to my/Allyx protos, so that it won't get lost :)
    But honestly, I'm afraid that spiked chains are too impressive,. I tried to replace balor's whip with a s.ch and it works so so.

3. Shiningted

Yeah, they are harmless additions... in fact, I would seriously like to FILL column 22 for the whole protos so we don't ever have to worry about it unless adding a new item.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

. . . not sure I really wanted to see this scenario "fleshed out," so to speak. :paranoid: ;)

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

And you were :poke: me about sheep, and all the while you were...

6. Shiningted

Nah, I got my eye on the rooster :pelvicthr

I mean chicken, female chicken... :tired:

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

You a fan of the ol' sydney hens are ya. not a bad team that lot.

8. Shiningted

Actually I am an Eels fan, and the Cocks robbed us outrageously in the wet tonight. thanks for bringing it up. :dead: :chairshot

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well we got the Barmy Army in town so Christchurch has ground to a halt, its great, a city of 350000 people stops for one game, I love it :pirate: (one eyed Cantabrian)

10. Shiningted

They're getting too cocky, these Sassanachs. Back in the UK they are actually having delusions of winning the cricket.

11. Shiningted

Well the All-Blacks won (so did the Warriors) there'll be some celebrating in the shaky isles tonight!

And on that note, I have released version 2.0 of this ridiculous mod. Instructions are up in the first post. The sheep will now interact with you.

If anyone is wondering why I am bothering, I am including Mary in my mod i am endlessly working on. You will have to get something from her (it has NOTHING to do with her services - but she is there, after all, may as well make use of her).

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Town was goin' off last night. the line for the Holy Grail (a sports bar nightclub) was about 150 - 200m long even though it was snowing about 3am. And it was about 50% Johnny Foreigner and lots of slappers, might need some of that Penicillin :pelvicthr

13. Alatar

Alatar Member

Re: There's Something About Mary v 2.0

Yup. It worked 'just fine' for me :clap: hehe... Maybe I should point out that at one point I lived in the middle of nowhere in Wales for three years :D ... <sigh> When in Rome... <reaches for pennicillin>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  14. Shiningted

Thanks Alatar! :beer:

15. OgreBattle

OgreBattle God of Rhye

The ZIP archive posted seems to be corrupted... is there another location for download? Just wunderin...

Our Host!