spell fail?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by tetsuo, Jun 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. tetsuo

tetsuo Member

I have the 5.0.0 mod and my party seems to be doing fine and all the spells are working.

My problem is about 2 nights ago. I killed off the White Dragon. Ever since than my party seems to have spell problems. Not sure if this is a bug or I am missing something. I can only assume this is a bug because there is no reason for what is causing the spells to fail.

Before the dragon I cast Magic Armor and Stoneskin my fighter. The same spell Magic Armor fails to be casted EVERY TIME now. I have two PC casting and they both failed no matter how many times I tried. So i am thinking ok no big deal so i can't cast magic armor on the fighter no more.

But there are other spells that just do not work no more. For example Bless and Prayer now only 3 out of the 8 party member are affected?? and why the same 3 all the time?

I removed all the armor and shield thinking that is causing the spell to fail but nope. same result. next i tried for the fighter to drink potions and those failed also. Hr had something like 80HP out of 100HP and I tried a few CLW potions and they all failed.

so now i can only heal my fight about 30% of the time. Only sure way to cure him is go to the inn and rest.

on the other hand attack spells are all working without any problems.

Since I saved the game after killing the dragon I could not reload to see if it was fighting the dragon something happened.

any suggestions?

2. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

Some suggestions:

Remove all items everybody is wearing. Rest. See if your magic is still affected.

Make sure nobody has defensive casting checked.

Go to Jaroo, ask him to restore someone from the dead, then ask him to remove permanent spell effects. Have him do this for every party member. Rest. See if your magic is still affected.

3. tetsuo

tetsuo Member

Went to Jaroo and remove permanent spell effects and it worked. thanks!

what kind of spells will cause the party to have a permanent spell effects in the first place?

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

one where an member of your party is a target which has a longer duration.

Our Host!