5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... well thats ironic, because, since the game treats tower shields like any other shield, having the proficiency will stop the -2 attack thing (when we implement it) but will still treat it as non-proficient. So cheaters will NOT prosper :mrhappy:

And thanks for testing all that! :clap:

O and the fact it was on the list and not developed ain't half as funny as when we find things that HAVE been half-developed but not followed through, like the skills. :blink:

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

if thats the case can you add to Jade Empress, the feats that don't work for monks (check my new weapons in th protos for what feats I used) which should (and on the plus side it shouldn't show in the feat list anyway due to the fact they're sposed to be part of SWP monk).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  3. Shiningted

[Slaps forehead] Sorry dude, of COURSE we can do that! I shoulda thought of that when u first mentioned it.

Now, the Tower Shields: I just tried to create some item that would give a -2 'bonus', and found there is really nothing in ToEE that will allow it: all attack bonuses (including negativce ones, like -1 for rusty weapons) are directly attached to the weapon that is attacking, for the obvious reasons that they shouldn't effect off-hand / other weapons. I've gone right thru the protos.tab and found nothing useful - all monster bonuses are likewise directly attached to the monster's attack and not added in any other way. There is nothing I can see that you just add (in your inventory or whatever) and it gives +x to attack.

So - what I need from you folks is ideas. What in ToEE gives attack bonuses / penalties? The only thing I can think of that is relevant is Web - that gives -2 on attack, but the attack penalty can't be isolated from the movement one, so its not really a go. What else is there? Any ideas at all, there are no bad answers here!

What about magic ammunition? Wasn't there a thing that having +1 arrows in your quiver gave +1 to all attacks?

4. Icer_Xx

Icer_Xx The Bane of Fire

hey guys, where would i get to a protos.tab file? lol i want to get this map done but i keep gettin that i need a protos.tab file

5. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

how does the amulet of mighty fists, bracers of archery etc work if thats the case?

looking at the stickies is always a good start :)

basic modding tutorial -
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=966

Protos.tab fields -
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=532

Protos.tab editor -
    http://files.co8.org/tools/ProtoEd2-4-3.zip

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The protos.tab files are in data/rules folder. You may need to download ProtoEd if you don't already have it.

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

From what I know familiars give various bonuses
    when they are in the character's inventory... Maybe
    if you could make an invisible familiar that would be
    destroyed/created every time you remove/equip a
    tower shield would work? Or "casting" a specifically
    written "spell" which would give you a -2 penalty to
    all attack rolls. The drawback is that it would have
    to stack with every other penalty so you would have
    to assign it with a stackable penalty. Any ideas which?

----
    The second idea is somewhat deficient... There could be
    problems with the possibility of dispelling the penalty.Another
    drawback of my idea would be the fact that spell permanency
    could occur.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

This is a bunch of $#!+ to go through. Doesn't seem worth it, IMO. :shrug:

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I say leave tower shields be...

Shield, Tower

This massive wooden shield is nearly as tall as you are. In most situations, it provides the indicated shield bonus to your AC. However, you can instead use it as total cover, though you must give up your attacks to do so. The shield does not, however, provide cover against targeted spells; a spellcaster can cast a spell on you by targeting the shield you are holding. You cannot bash with a tower shield, nor can you use your shield hand for anything else.

When employing a tower shield in combat, you take a -2 penalty on attack rolls because of the shield’s encumbrance.

both the advantages and disadvantages from using tower shields don't work IIRC. All you're left with is a heavy, penalty ridden AC boost, even 2 large steel shields don't have as many penalties as 1 tower shield for the same bonus to AC.

10. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

shield bonuses arent meant to stack you know :)

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

:p

you can't equip a shield in each hand anyway.

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ooops sorry, my bad. I'll fix it as and when I update the CMF again.

RE: Assigning bonuses (and penalties) to items.

I'm sure Darmagon discovered a way to script bonuses to the character (not item) at using the console, surely a san_wield_on and san_wield_off script to give and take back the penalty to hit while wearing the tower shield can be written? IIRC the familliars use a similar script, so that'd be a damn good place to start digging.

13. maggit

OK, the newest CMF does not contain:
    -A masterwork version of my new armour (I'm pretty sure it's present in my pack) :(
    -InventorySource.mes changes which allow purchasing new hats cloaks and robes (unless you changed mobs)
    -Added entries for Cujo's new weapons in the long_description.mes (though that's my bad, because I've overwritten my file with the older CMF version of the file).

(The attached file contains the descriptions)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  14. Shiningted

V_P, ur a genius! :hug: I had originally ignored this possibility because I thought it just gave a strength bonus (I had 'Gauntlets of Ogre Power on the brain).

This works: what it is going to do when stacked with other enhancement bonuses remains to be seen. A lot of work left but at least we may be on the right track.

Speaking of stacking...
    Please tell me there is no-one on the planet who attacks with one open hand while weilding a tower shield in the other. PLEASE!?! :doh:

15. maggit

I really doubt that its monks. Hmm... but I guess the rules
    allow such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!