Issues with 3.0.3beta

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Huntsman, Jun 15, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

Well, just to make an "official" announcement, it looks like 3.0.3 is working fine now. The original CTD issue was due to a corrupted spell_enum.mes file. I corrected that and have been running with the new files since. All the coded changes seem to be working properly, and I've had no additional troubles. I plan on removing beta from the statis this week, unless I hear of anything else.

Which is the reason for this thread :). I believe sir_toejam is working on the NPC looting once-and-forever-no-more-finalized-not-again fix. Any other issues, changes, whatever that will need to be made either to fix this version or for the next one, post them (or a link) here and I'll start the new list. I'm working on the Control Plants/Command Plants thing (they seem to have swapped the spells), not sure what I'm going to do about that.

In any case, expect the next version in about a month. I'll collate fixes and ideas until then, and see what I can code in.

IN any case, I mainlky wanted to post that the 3.0.3 files are stable, to the best of my knowledge. If anyone knows differently (that's 3.0.3 downloaded on or after the 13th), please let me know.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Looks good to me. :)
    Will mail Exitium v3.0.3 tomorrow if everything goes well.

3. zhuge

v3.0.3 sent to Exitium for packaging.

4. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

the link exitum posted doesn't seem to work.

5. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

item 12002 (wand of fear) only has 2 charges. should be 20 yes?

6. zhuge

Yes, indeed. Well spotted. That error however is not caused by any Co8 mod pack. The protos.tab after 2nd official patch without any modification shows the same error. Funny nobody noticed it... till now.
    Well it looks like Huntsman already has a nice list of things to do for the next patch update.

EDIT: This link should work for downloading v3.0.3:
    http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE_Circle_of_Eight_Release_303.rar
    I think Exitium left out /files when posting the link in haste.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  7. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

Speaking of list to do, any way we can collate that list? I've seen bits and pieces posted everywhere. I'll see what I can collect this weekend, and try to get another mod pack out.

I've started my college courses again, so my time is getting even less as well. However, my classes last 5 weeks each with a week break between. I'm thinking I'll use my week breaks to code and test a new mod pack, giving us a new one every month and a half or so. So, plan on that for the next bit and we'll see how it goes :)

Our Host!