WTF Happened to the spell scripters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maggit, Mar 25, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Per krunch's idea... if anyone knows what's happening to the persons
    listed below write and inform us!

-Darmagon
    -Jesse Heinig
    -Hazelnut

Stickied - Lord Spike

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well there is this . . .

Hazelnut was last seen January 17, 2007. Looks like another garden variety fade-away to me.

I think Jesse did give us a new mod or two, but ditto the fade-away explanation. Last seen January 9, 2007.

Posted October 14, 2006. Pretty self-explanatory.

I think it's important to remember that Co8 has always had a relatively high turnover ratio (no different from most mod/fan sites, probably). While it's sort of sad to see these people drift away, we shouldn't always assume that something bad has happened to them in the process. To quote Whitey Ford, "You know it crumbles that way, At least that's what they say, When you play the game." :shrug:

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

If you've noticed all of us elites are the guys with about 2 years (or more) of service to Co8 with the exception of Ruf who's got about 12 months.

4. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Yup, that's about the size of it. I did try and do some more modding after my last message and found that my ToEE install was screwed and none of my ideas for the suggestion changes would work. I was especially annoyed that I couldn't finish my evil party game. So, yeah, I pretty much lost my interest in ToEE. I've not been playing games since then, just (trying to) deal with real life which is such a pain in the arse. For example: work's gone mental with several people leaving and not being replaced, then we were bought by another company with all deadlines immovable, I'm taking an architect to court for being a screw up, and my wife and eldest daughter seem to wind each other up just by being in the same room now she's teenage... :scratchhe
    ^
    (EDIT: my daughter that is.... just to clear up any ambiguity!)

Still I'm very glad to have been able to contribute a small amount to such a great community. I've not forgotten you all.

CO8 FTW!

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Good to see you again, Haze. Sorry for your troubles; drop in an-y-time! The older ones among us are becoming increasingly scarce.

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Cheers Spike. Is my old partner in crime Spellslinger still a regular?

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Hazelnut, what does the Codex have to offer that we don't?! If you want antogonism, we can provide that here as well: You sir are a bumbling idiot!! :evil: (Okay, so the Codex does it much better than we do . . . ;))

Good to see you again, seriously. (And yes, Spellslinger's around pretty regular though he rarely posts.)

8. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Hazelnut.... Join the Group... my daughter (15y) decided she liked a boy, he asked her out, sent flowers... the whole deal.... and now she wont even talk to him... and don't ask about the dishes, it's her only job and she OUTRIGHT refuses to do them...

9. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Er, I've been a member of the Codex since Dec 2002 so it's not like I've defected or anything! I am pretty attached to the place though I will admit, even if I'm not a big fan of some of the moronic and childish behavour that results from the freedom allowed over there. I also dislike pointless antagonism, but I love the mauling of morons who don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of argumentation. Anyway, it's where I heard about ToEE and CO8 - subsequently ending up here doing some modding, so you have the Codex to thank for that. :D (oh, and Zebedee too)

Thanks for the kind words Gaear.

Hehe, that post kinda giveth and then taketh away - it's nice to know it's not just me, but then implies it's only gonna get worse. :grin: In fact this very post was delayed by an outburst from Miss Stroppy herself.

10. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

.... and it never ends ... my wife of 18 years and monster in law are still at each others throats..:D

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Serves you people right for living on the same side of the planet as your in-laws. There is a REASON you can choose which side of the equator to live on ;)

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

No fair; you've got an "in" with the man upstairs...

13. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

Well, since my reply actually took 4 weeks, I would only go so far as to call me a semi-regular. ;)

Nice to hear (or have heard) of you again, Hazelnut. I kinda miss our late night modding sessions. But then, I don't really have much time at my hands for modding right now, either. That's life for you (... and me).

14. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Well you're doing better than me.

Yeah I miss them too. I had a lot of fun. :biggergri

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh, I just got a PM from Jesse Heinig yesterday - must be the season for the spell scripters to drop by ;)

Our Host!