Two types of experience?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cobra, Jun 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cobra

Cobra Member

One experience is main one. The one which is well known. But I just realised that experience for making scrolls / wonderful item (by e.g. Wizard) or something like that is different one (another value, smaller one).

Please add option to increase such experience in Dhoom's/Underhill's Dev Helper.

EDIT: Or maybe HEX editing guide fpr this experience. Please note! This value is not saved into savegame in normal way (e.g. 10 != 0A)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  2. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

By the 3.5 edition rules, you're not allowed to create somthing if it costs so much XP that it would drop you a level. Just get to level 10 and work up a metric arseload of XP. Use a hex editor to give yourself a few million or somthing - coincidentally, an amount that should put you in the Epic levels, stupid level 10 cap...

3. psiekier

psiekier Member

There's a cap at Level 10 even for experience. I suppose you might be able to get past it with a hex editor, but sticking strictly to the game, the maximum value for experience is 54,999.

The other tricky thing about waiting until 10th level is that as your level goes up, the XP you gain from fighting certain monsters goes down since they are less of a threat. At level 10, you could fight a dozen ogres and not gain a single XP!

4. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Which is another of the unimplemented features that are supposed to be in 3.5.

A dozen ogres would have a CR of 1 ogre's CR, +11.

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

true...

And for crafting really expansive stuff, remember that you dont HAVE to level up, you can gain XP up to 1 less then the amount required to level up twice, so if you are level 10, you should be able to get 10,000 XP (for level 11) + 10,999 (1 less then whats needed for level 12), for a total of 20,999.... enough to craft ALOT... however I beleive that they have it wrong and limit you at 9,999 at level 10... which is stupid since you can still gather 9000+10,999 at level 9 for a total of 19,999.... thus more then you could accrue at level 10, so at level 10 you can no longer craft your strongest things... regardless the crafting is buggy and crafting anything expansive breaks it making it take no XP and GIVE you unlimited money (if you add the modifiers one by one... i got 10 magic modifiers on each item... powerful!)

Our Host!