Fragarach

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nostradamus, Mar 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

Is there another way to get this sword besides killing Prince Thrommel?

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

nope, that is the only way.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If your using humble-npc you can take it or console it up. I haven't tried it with 5.0.3, but I never use it anyway. Sure is hell on those 152HP bugbears.

4. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Yes there is.

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

You befriend Thrommel in the dungeon, and use his services. Let him be the attack man and let him die from overuse. You then loot him and go to the surface. Resurect him to life, and you will get all the rewards for saving him (including Scather). Try a dual wiedling Half Orc proficient with bastard swords and having both swords. Very amusing.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I tried that once and the game locked-up. Something about AoO things and such.

6. wil524

wil524 Member

The humble-pc works, make sure to unequip Fragarach when they meet you for the reward or they won't give you Scather.

I have the same AoO freezing in battle, I just stopped using these weapons. Too much trouble saving before every single battle due to freezing in battle.

7. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

What is Ao0? Can you still use these weapons to beat the game?

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

AoO = Attack of Oportunity. Fragarach has an unlimited number of them which causes a problem in some combat like the pit fiend. everytime you hit him you take damage which causes an AoO which causes you damage which causes another AoO and so on and so on. its better not to use Fragarach or Scather on any of the big guys or at all really as they are to powerful for the game anyway.

Our Host!