System Re-install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maggit, Mar 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

It really depends on how much info he wants to store, though. He talked about using a DVD or two, so I'd assume he has a few GB worth of stuff to store. Flash drives with that much storage are still pretty expensive. I still see 2GB ones going for around $25-$35 on a regular basis. And the price only gets higher with the more storage you go to.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

For some reason I got a flash drive as a wedding present - I can now take the whole of KotB to work with me around my neck and spend all night modding it. Damn fine things.

3. ShadowDragoon

Ted you lucky bastard, rubbing it all in our faces. :chairshot

I won a bid on ebay about 2 months ago to get a 2GB for $12. But, I never got my PayPal account set up (due to bank issues with my checking account), so I've yet to pay the guy and recieve my drive. :yawn:

4. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

most of your CDs wont hold 2 gigs of data, in fact i cant actually think of any. im sure there are some out there but they are probally a bit of money. even iomega drives arent cheap but for 20 bucks ive got 2 gigs of extra space with a flash drive:) and if i need more ill just by another lol. oh and its probally not a good idea to try and store text data on a preformated video disc, they usally dont work out to well. ;)

5. ShadowDragoon

In fact, none of them will. They max out at 700MB. You have to go with DVDs if you want that kind of storage. A regular DVD at it's most basic type will hold a little over 4.5 GB. If you go with dual-layer, which are very common nowadays, you can hold 8.5 GB. Per side. Some DVDs are recordable on both sides, meaning no face for a writing surface.

maggit said he was using DVDs, so, even if he was using the most basic of the most basic, he's going to be paying a good bit of money for a flash drive with the same storage capacity. :)

Our Host!