A weird problem with centering

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by datakim123, Mar 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. datakim123

datakim123 Member

Hi

I have a really annoying problem with ToEE. Everytime i click on a character portrait the view will not center on the character the way it should. Instead the view inches very slightly towards the character. I would usually have to click on the portrait several hundreds of times to actually find my character.

I discovered that the problem only occurs when scroll acceleration is turned off. The center on character thing works with acceleration on but unfortunately i find scroll acceleration to be completely intolerable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I've noticed that too, but it's about half and half for me - works half the time, the other half not. There's probably no solution that we'd be capable of implementing, but you can always locate your characters by looking for them on the townmap if you have to.

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I experienced this when I had "fast screen scrolling" off.

4. TimSmith

TimSmith Established Member

I get this too. What I have found works well for me is to select the character portrait at the foot of the screen and then right click on the screen in order to bring up their radial wheel. This has a line leading from the wheel to the character's location. Follow that with the mouse to find the character. Works especially well if the screen has scrolled off into the fog of war because I let the mouse sit on the edge of the screen without realising it for a few seconds.

Our Host!