New version of the mod pack

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausir, Dec 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

An interesting thought... but I've searched through Phalzyr's protos.tab list and couldn't find anything of that nature:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=532

I was mainly searching through:

168 - 200 Bonus Type/Param1/Param2:
    Amulet of Mighty Fists, Amulet of Natural Armor, Armor Bonus, Armor Enhancement Bonus, Armor Masterwork, Armor Spell Resistance, Attribute Enhancement Bonus(attribute,#), Bardic Instrument, Boots of speed, Bracers of Archery, Buckler, Charisma Competence Bonus, Composite Bow, Crossbow, Dagger of Venom, Damage Bonus, Deflection Bonus, Elemental Gem, Elemental Resistance(element,#), Elemental Resistance per round(element,#), Familiar Hp Bonus, Familiar Skill Bonus(skill,#), Familiar Save Bonus(type,#), Fragarach, Golden Skull, Holy Water, Item Particle System(ef-Balor Sword, ef-Flaming Axe), Jaer's Spheres of Fire, Keoghtom's ointment, Monster Bonus Damage, Monster Carrion Crawler, Monster Confusion Immunity, Monster DR All, Monster DR Bludgeoning, Monster DR Cold, Monster DR Cold-Holy, Monster DR Holy, Monster DR Magic, Monster DR Silver, Monster DR Slashing, Monster Energy Immunity(type), Monster Energy Resistance(type,#), Monster Fast Healing, Monster Fire Bats, Monster Hooting Fungi, Monster Incorporeal, Monster Juggernaut, Monster Melee Disease, Monster Melee Paralysis No Elf, Monster Melee Poison, Monster Ooze Split, Monster Plant, Monster Poison Immunity, Monster Regeneration 5(not heal elements), Monster Salamander, Monster Smiting, Monster Special Fade Out, Monster Spell Resistance, Monster Spider, Monster Stable, Monster Stirge, Monster Subdual Immunity, Monster Untripable, Necklace of Detection, Normal Projectile Particles, Proof Against Poison, Ring of Animal Summoning, Ring of Change, Ring of freedom of movement, Ring of Invisibility Rod of Smiting(25), Saving Throw Resistance Bonus(type,#), Shield Bonus, Shield Enhancement Bonus, Staff of Striking(25), Skill Circumstance Bonus(skill,#), Sword of Life Stealing, Thieves Tools, Thieves Tools Masterwork, To Hit Bonus, Weapon Chaotic, Weapon Defending Bonus, Weapon Enhancement Bonus, Weapon Flame Tongue, Weapon Flaming, Weapon Frost, Weapon Holy, Weapon Icy Burst, Weapon Keen, Weapon Lawful, Weapon Masterwork, Weapon Silver, Weapon Unholy, Useable Item X Times Per Day(0,1), UseableItem, UseableMagicStaff

Of course the fact that it's not in Phalzyr's list doesn't mean that it's not there (he did miss Monster Zombie...) but he's usually very thorough. You can try anyway but I'd advise some caution - the game tends to crash to desktop when loading protos.tab (screen with blue loading bar at bottom) if it doesn't understand what it is reading...

2. zhuge

Tried Monster Zombie. Doesn't seem to add anything new in terms of spell resistances. Tried Poison, Ray of Enfeeblement, Contagion, Slay Living, Cloudkill, Phantasmal Killer - all of these worked even with Monster Zombie on. Of course it does block a few spells like Prayer and Charm Person and prevents sneak attacks but we can do the same with Monster Plant.

You can double check on this... but seems to me that we may have little choice but to opt for Monster Plant...

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

I'll do the recoding when I get home, if you haven't already.

You'd think someone would've added monster undead, especially since undead are rather plentiful in ToEE. I'm guessing someone has tried Monster Undead and variations on that theme.

Guess we're stuck with green, leafy skeletons :)

4. zhuge

All previously coded Monster Juggernaut replaced with Monster Plant.
    Added Monster Plant to {14081}{Skeleton Gnoll}, {14082}{Skeleton Gnoll}, {14083}{Skeleton Gnoll}

Regarding the matter of crossbows and 2-handedness, I couldn't understand how this slipped through. I mean you'll see that in the 2nd official patch and previous Co8 patches nothing has changed with regards to handedness...
    Then I remembered that Shin mentioned in a Co8 post that he wanted to make crossbows 1-handed for some reason... (http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=772)
    He never said he'd actually include it in his looting fix files though and the rest of us never bothered to check. And since both Fred and I used his files as template...

Anyway, once again well spotted and I've added
    OIF_WEAR_2HAND_REQUIRED to Col61 not only for
    {4177}{Masterwork light crossbow}
    but also {4178}{Masterwork heavy crossbow}

Also rechecked:
    {4096}{Light crossbow}
    {4097}{Heavy crossbow}
    {4130}{Wonnilon's repeating crossbow +1}
    but these were Ok.

I really feel bad about not checking through other immunities before implementing Monster Juggernaut. Fortunately you caught it early.
    As recompense, here are a few cosmetic corrections that I just came up with.

Bugs:
    -Chill Touch incorrectly displayed as Transmutation instead of Necromancy
    -Greater Command in the Cleric spell memorization area doesn't have any short text describing what it does.

In spell.mes, change:
    {5059} Chill Touch {[Transmutation] One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 point of Strength damage.}
    {5201}{Greater Command}

to:

{5059} Chill Touch {[Necromancy] One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 point of Strength damage.}
    {5201} Greater Command {[Enchantment] 1 subject/level obeys selected command (approach, fall, flee, or halt) for 1 round/level.}

So basically I've done the coding and done a few modifications on the readme. The version will now be 3.0.1.
    Could I send it to you as an e-mail attachment?

5. zhuge

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

LOL

I should've read first :)

I just sent you the coding for the crossbows and undead, heh.

Email me the 3.01 and I'll post it to my briefcase and fix my links :)

On second thought, I'll just make the same changes here and repost it :)

Done, new version (3.01) also available at:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/tbrister@sbcglobal.net

Edited to fix URL

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  7. jewellgm

jewellgm Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  8. Jobster657

Jobster657 Member

new co8 patch problems

after installing the latest co8 patch over official 2nd patch the ingame help is broken eg all the spell descriptions are gone as are the feat descriptions etc. about the only ones left are the ability descriptions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9. zhuge

It's my fault. I was in a hurry to incorporate 2nd official patch changes to Co8 patches that I corrupted help.tab when I used Notepad to edit it. Should have known better to use a proper .tab editor.

Thanks for detecting the bug and here's a corrected help.tab file:

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40bdd4d1_44ae/bc/My+Documents/help.zip?bfHSHwABDNk_k4ng

Download it and replace the old help.tab in Temple of Elemental Evil/data/mes with the new one.
    I've retested it and everything seems Ok now.

I'll try to get another link up soon as there seems to be difficulty accessing the Yahoo Briefcase files...

EDIT: Ok, I've setup another link for the corrected help.tab:
    http://zhugetx.netfirms.com/help.zip

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

zhuge:

Your new link is denying downloads. Says you must put the image(?) into a web page. If you have word you should be able to whip up a quick patch page w/o problems.

Actually, if you right click and select "Save target as" in IE it works.

I'm looking into the briefcase thing, see if there's a way to use it for downloads. It may just be a bandwidth issue, or there may be some problem with the way it's linked.

Try going here:
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/tbrister@sbcglobal.net and see if that lets you download the file.

Also, I've added the corrected help.tab file to the 3.0.1 download, and also listed it seperately for those who downloaded the pack before (probably none because the prior links didn't work properly). Hopefully, the current link does work.

11. zhuge

@Huntsman:
    Your briefcase link works perfectly... but mine still doesn't... I think it has something to do with free yahoo profiles aren't allowed to share files publicly... should have read the details first...
    I'm really no good at this file sharing/hosting thing and we used to have other guys who would do the uploading and the packaging a year ago... :ashamed:

I would have attached it to a message in this forum, but even the zipped help.tab is about 176Kb and the max size is 102400 bytes

Well, anyway, I'll do what I can if there are any suggestions... I just find this file sharing business quite a hassle. ???
    Perhaps it would be better if I just sent it to you and maybe few other people via e-mail for distribution.

Thanks for all the support and for finally getting some workable links. :buds:

EDIT: Just clicked on your briefcase link again and I can't seem to access your Public folder anymore... jewellgm's link here still seems to work but he doesn't have the updated help.tab...

12. spOOL

spOOL Member

13. zhuge

14. jewellgm

jewellgm Member

I do have updated 3.0.1

zhuge,

I was able to grab the updated 3.0.1 from Huntsman's site earlier today. So the mod on my mirror does have the correct help.tab file in it. No worries about that. :)

Our Host!