What games did you beat/do you play/are you looking forward to play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agetian, Oct 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I tried to play BG2Tutu, but unfortunately
    it had some conflict with localized versions
    of the game, so no BG in one game for me.
    :/

BTW: I play ToEE, CrashDay, NFS:Carbon (what
    a crappy game! Whatever happened to NFS4 or 5),
    played Oblivion, and a little of NWN2 (pleasant surprise).
    That's all I think.

Looking forward to:
    KotB
    BG3 ;)
    Test Drive Unlimited PC
    Fallout 3 (like that's gonna happen)
    or any other good RPG.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  2. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Well, I just ran across this game (http://www.samorost.net/samorost2/) and it is no huge release but it is really fun and strange and definitely ^different^ and so far (I'm around four screens in) I'm really enjoying it. It reminds me of the old text-based adventure games, updated to a more-visual age.

edit (to avoid posting again, after myself!):

I'd completely forgotten to mention a game I played to death (& back again) a few years back, called Majesty. This game had a tremendous amount of charm & replayability. It is billed as a "fantasy kingdom sim" but that's just inaccurate and while it does have elements of rts and sims, it is uniquely itself, and loads of fun. And probably has the distinction of being even less-supported (at this point) by its publisher, and also cheaper off the rack than, ToEE!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  3. darkmoon

darkmoon Member

I am quite shocked that no one here mentioned System Shock 1&2 and the upcoming Bioshock.

Beaten: ALOT. Almost all the blackisle crpgs. Fallout 1&2. Civilization series. Ultima 6,7,8,9.

But the best experiences were the System Shocks!

Playing: Older games. Sacrifice, Space Empires V, Dominions 3, some DOS-classics.

Looking Forward to: Bioshock.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Yeah, I loved System Shock series too. Wonderful stuff. :)
    And as you can see, I actually mentioned it in my first post ;)

- Agetian

5. darkmoon

darkmoon Member

Oops. I hope you will forgive me!

And I saw that I didn't mention ToEE. Shame on me!

6. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

I haven't played the Baldur's Gate series in a while. I've just finished re-installing the series, along with the BGTutu mod, and several other add-ons. (No game-breaking or cheating ones, mind you. Just general game fixes and extensions.) It'll be good to get back to that again.

As for games I'm looking forward to... I'd probably say that I'm looking forward to getting around to some of the other D&D games, such as Icewind Dale and the like. :)

7. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

Recently re-Beat:

Eye Of the Beholder 1+2 (Amiga Emulation) = The first game is class. It's so D&D and slow and taxing!

Death Knights of Krynn (another Amiga one) = Another solid game that looks terrible.

Drgaonshard - this game is so wrong it's almost on purpose.

Playing:

Company of Heroes
    LOTR Battleformiddlleearth2 = more modding than playing
    TOEE = thanks to co8:notworthy

Looking forward to the day another game company makes some AD&D games.

btw, system shock 2 is great game.

8. swapoer

swapoer Member

I am currently play Avernum 4 and Geneforge4 ,both great game,with a strong feeling of role play which i did'nt meet in TOEE.The graphic is poor ,but numberous and propriety descrition make up to it,which make the world and people alive.When playing TOEE, i am the type of people who actes as a barbarian,just keep on fighting and fighting.I don't have the experience of play Greyhawk .I play TOEE with the purpose of learning 3E and also like the turn-base. So l lack of the enthusiasm when your see the Grayhawk.Also because the game don't tell much about the world or the area,and the storyline is a little stereotype.Looking forward to the KOB mod wiil do better.

9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

You bet'cha a$$ it will. :D

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Does anyone else find this passage to be strangely poetic? I think it should be added to the annals of Co8's most oddly compelling deliveries ever. :mrhappy:

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

All your Keep are belong to us.

Cloudsprinter, if u have an Amiga emulator going, give Paradroid a whirl! Andrew Braybrook is absolutely the greatest of game-makers.

12. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I recently beat Lego Star Wars 1 & 2, those two are really fun and funny to play! Great stuff!

- Agetian

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I didn't really enjoy lego starwars. I had a bit of an xbox binge and clocked Gun, Kotor, jedi acadamy and Kingdom Underfire. I hired out jade emipire but didn't think it was that good. I've also had a bit of fun playing some RTS's/RTT's, Warcraft 2 and 3 were fun as well as the best game of 2002 that no one played - Battle Realms in the RTT field the total war franchise was fun.

14. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Member

games beaten -

Toee, doom3, farcry, oblivion, cuthulu dcote. icewind dale 1&2 baldurs 1&2,

games im curently playing -

HL2 ( replaying on my new pc with all settings maxed ) wow ( i beat it but they reset all the damn gear and dungeons..:eek: ) company of hero's, red orchestra NWN2

games im looking forward to seeing released or made -

system shock 2 ( wow man..! ) unreal tournament 3 ( i played ut2004 to death as an onslaught player ut3 reason i got new uner pc! ) conan mmrpg ( this game looks great and has a bit more adult theme to it and also will use direct x 10 for that otherworldy feel :D

15. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Paradroid! What a game! Did anyone actually finish this? I used to get so far in that ship and eventually get slaughtered time and again on the last deck. Extremely hard.

Anyone here played Anachronox? Been going through some old RPG's that I have never finished (Just finished Magic Candle 3, Damn good game btw). I saw Anachronox for sale on Ebay cheap and wondered if someone can give me the lowdown on the good/bad?

Our Host!