Where's Meleny?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ragnon Goblingutter, Feb 25, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ragnon Goblingutter

Ragnon Goblingutter Priest of Moradin

When rescuing the Verbabonc merchant from the temple, I needed to reduce the number of NPCs in the party temporarily, so I took Meleny to Homlet for visit with her family. When the party got back to Homlet after a rousing good time in Verbabonc, Meleny's dad and sister were at the farm, but not Meleny. Does anybody know where I ought to look for her? She's gotten damn good with the longspear and crafts some great wondrous items and I'd hate to lose her.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

for me she always waits by the welcome wench

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Wrong forum. Moved to the Temple of Elemental Evil discussion forum.

- Agetian

4. Ragnon Goblingutter

Since Magnus the Bard is a charming fellow, he thought it chivalrous to take her to her father's house (inside) to say good-bye. Now only Filliken and Althea are there. I guess I should have just delivered her to Homlet and left it at that.

I have circumnavigated the Welcome Wench, searched all three levels, her aunt and uncle's place, her potential step-mother's, visited Jaroo and Terjon, to no avail. I also checked the Deklo Grove, since she expressed an interest in visiting there during courtship.

Is there any way to hack the saved game file to put Meleny in the yard of the Wench, or in Filliken's house? I'm not afraid of a little binary editing, if it comes to that.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Save your current game, first. Then, use the console in-game ( <shift> ~ ) and type the following boldface lines of text.

from co8 import *

location_to_axis(game.party[0].location)

returns your party leader X and Y coordinates on the current map

use X=x+2 and Y=y+2 for the X and Y coordinates below

game.obj_create(14035,location_from_axis(X,Y))

She'll be standing right next to your party leader.

Close the console when done ( <shift> ~ ).

[EDIT]
    Have your party leader stand in an open spot; do NOT stand next to a wall or some other object. In fact, do this inside of her house in the same room near her father and sister.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  6. Ragnon Goblingutter

Thanks, Cap'n.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Of course, that will just give you Meleny at first level with her starting gear, just like you first found her.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

He can use the console to level her back to what she was before the disappearance.

9. Cerulean the Blue

That is all well and good Krunch, but I am more interested in where his original Meleny disappeared to.

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

We would probably be able to do that using scripts if we could replicate the original event that caused her disappearance.

11. Ragnon Goblingutter

My bad. :doh:
    She was a "purloined letter" at her dad's house.
    When I went back to follow Krunch's instructions, I highlighted the party to move them to the back of the room to give Magnus some scope. There was one person in earth temple robes like the rest of the group who stayed right by the front door. When I put the cursor on her to see who it was, it was Meleny. She was there all along, but the uniform fooled me and I didn't count noses each time after entering the room.
    Sorry for all the hooraw, but I was worried about her...

12. Cerulean the Blue

Glad to know she didn't just disappear. This game has enough weird bugs without NPCs just vanishing. :)

Our Host!