dllfix16 files

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nostradamus, Feb 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

After installling the cmf 5.0.3 do I need to install the dllfix16, dllfix16.0.1, and dllfix16.0.2? Or they already in the cmf 5.0.3 file?

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

3. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

Does it fix the dllfix16.rar? The first dllfix16 created. -Fixes the crash bug at rogue feat selection introduced in v15.

-Adds calls to the functions load and save in module _co8init to the internal save and load routines. This allows the use of the Co8PersistentData class as a scripting sided Co8-savegame.

-Fixes the non-proficient penalty suffered when using the dwarven waraxe two-handed with Martial Weapons All proficiency but without the EWP.

-Brings spell Righteous Might to RAW. Bonuses to STR and CON are lowered to 4 and 2, respectively. Bonus type of AC is changed so that it no longer stacks with amulets of natural armor. DR was changed from 5 fixed to scaling per caster level.

-Enables defending weapon property as craftable. Downsides: The crafting system does not support differentiating between ranged and melee weapons, so it can be crafted on ranged weapons. The range you can select with the slider is fixed and not dependent on the enhancement bonus of the weapon. The range maximum is set to 3 (highest enhancement bonus in the game). So show some discipline, people.

4. maggit

Why naturally. I forgot to mention 16.0.0.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  5. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

I downloaded the cmf 5.0.3 and dllfix 16.0.3 from co8 website and I wanted to know if this is the official or beta versions? And nothing wrong will happen after I installed these into the folder?

6. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

It appears from the CMF thread that the latest dllfixes are not in the cumulative fixes yet.

Which brings up what I hope is a simple question. Suppose I have just installed ToEE and the latest Co8 patch, including the cumulative fixes 5.0.3, in accordance with the instructions elsewhere on this site. If I want the latest dllfix in addition (but not any other mods not already in the fixes), what precisely do I need to do? I suspect that's the original poster's next question, and it's also something I would like to do myself, sometime soon.

7. maggit

Ermm... I think you just download CMF 5.0.3
    then download the new dll and paste it in your
    modules\co85.0.0 folder if you are using
    front-end or put it in the root directory and
    the modules\toee folder if you are not using
    frontend. I would also clear game cache after
    that. It's always a good thing to do.

8. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

That seemed to work for me when I did it. But don't be afraid to tell us if it didn't work. :punch:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  9. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

I got it to work but I have a question with the KotB mode. What is this mod about, when will it be finished, how big is this mod, and will I be able to install it without deleting any mods that I have installed already?

10. ShadowDragoon

Don't even worry about KotB yet. It's still in the earliest of development stages. From what I've heard, the ETA is set for next year, but there's no guarantee it will even be done by then.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You might have mentioned the demo! :p

The demo, which will constitute a significant portion of the finished product (including more than half the locales) is in the 2nd part of pre-beta testing, and that is coming along very well. At this rate, beta testing will certainly be underway in March, and a release of the demo soon after that.

12. ShadowDragoon

Oh. That one's all on me. I didn't know that you had planned the public demo to be ready so soon.

Our Host!