ToEE: unexpected localization in Russia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leksey, Jan 30, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Leksey

Leksey Member

One of the famous russian company-publisher conclude a treaty with Atari to create and distribute localized(in Russian) version of "The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure". Localized version will be completed in second quarter of this year.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hmm... curious. Very curious. I thought Atari has long forgotten about ToEE and had no plans in releasing anything ToEE-related anymore, I actually got quite surprised that they would enter a negotiation with a certain Russian company which would be willing to do a localization virtually four years after the game release. Is this just a rumor or is this confirmed somehow on the official level? Where did you get this information from? Maybe you can provide a link to some place so I can check out as well? ;)

- Agetian

3. Leksey

Leksey Member

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Wow, that's a real surprise. :D Hmm maybe
    Atari lost its hope with NwN2 and wants to
    revive ToEE? ;) If yes then they could surely
    use the Co8 as the new developer team (despite
    being scattered around the world), though it would
    spoil a great project I'm afraid. I can see it all:
    "Where's the full version? It's release date is due on
    Tuesday! What?! You don't have it?! Then we'll sell
    the unfinished version and then we'll worry about patching
    the damn thing up." Ah... beautiful. :twisted:

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I'd say interesting, too. Maybe one of you "know someone who knows someone" who'd be willing to discuss insights about the game with you? You never know where something like this could lead...

6. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Hmm...it's a pity I can't read Russian. I would have liked to peruse that article.

7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

The article says: "It was a surprise for us to learn that a local publisher Akella has signed a contract with Atari to make an official localized release of "Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure" in Russia. They also said that the new release will be available in the second quarter of 2007."

I can say that www.crpg.ru is indeed an authoritative site on computer RPGs in Russia, and there's no reason not to believe what they say (unless their authoritative source got fake information as well, that is ;))

All of this is very interesting, I'll try speaking with the ex-Troika guys and see if they heard about something like this.

- Agetian

8. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Oh, thanks for the translation, Agetian. It sounds very interesting, if not very vague. :)

Our Host!