Crafting question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Great Snook, Jan 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It's in one of the more recent .dll fixes that Spellslinger has provided for us. To use it, download and extract the 5.0.3 CMF to your root directory, it may be in the 5.0.2 as well but if you don't have either of these mods installed, you'd be better off starting a new game with these files anyway.

In fact, you must start a new game to use either of those. Old saves will not work. - CtB

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  2. xSunchaserx

xSunchaserx Member

I'm sorry but I think either I'm misunderstanding your dialogues here or I must rather try to go back to exploring every inch of the temple again.

There is a life stealing sword hidden somewhere??! :twitch:

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There is, but it's broken, and currently only available from the console, you won't find it in the temple. ;)

4. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I'm still a little confused. I swear when I equip the sword I made it jumps my to hit stat by nine which is making me think the sword is now +9. Or does just the equiping a weapon increase your to hit number?

When crafting it doesn't seem like I can just make a +3 weapon. It seems like I have to click on +1 and then +2 lights up, and then +3 lights up. Am I doing this correctly?

I haven't had a chance to play the past few days so I haven't been able to check this.

5. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Well, that's likely because of other added bonuses from feats like Weapon Focus and the sort.

And yes, you have to enchant a sword to +1, then +2, and finally +3. They go in order, but it still only provides a bonus equal to the highest modifier it's enchanted with. Like, if you enchant a sword as Flaming, and then add Fiery Burst later, the Fiery Burst doesn't stack with the bonus for Flaming, it overrides it. I know, that explanation probably sucked. :p

6. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

That makes sense. Hopefully, I get a chance to play soon and check it out.

I love Allyx's table, but if I could trouble him (or someone else) to actually post what they actually do I would appreciate it. I'm assuming that flaming does fire damage, but how much etc. etc.

7. Phil

Phil Member

It it possible to generate enchanted weapons via the console ? I'm guessing not, as I've never seen any guide on how to do it.

8. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

It's not visible in the crafting menu but
    if you download long_description.mes from
    CMF (look for it in post 92 and 93) you will
    get the full description what the weapon
    does (except for radiant sword).

9. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I didn't see what you were mentioning about post 92 and 93, although it is possible I was in the wrong thread. Anyways, I think those are 5.03 fixes and I'm playing 5.02.

10. maggit

Oh... if that is the case then I'm sorry. But I think
    you can download the armor_pack_new.rars and just take
    the long_description.mes from there and everything should work
    fine.

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Yes, it's possible. You open the console, type {give xxxx}. No brackets, of course; and substitute the x's for the item number of what you want to create. 4025 will give you Excalibur; there are plenty of others as well. Search the forum for the item number list to find out what they are. All this assumes you don't care about the fact that this is a cheat, of course. I'm not passing judgement, I'm just sayin'. Your defenders & life stealers & a whole lot more await.

12. Phil

Phil Member

No no, that's not what I meant at all !

I meant, is there an item ID for any given possible combination of base weapon + enchantment ?

ie. there's a code for a Longsword +2 for example,

But is there a code for a Flaming Keen Holy Longsword +3 with Icy Burst (random example)

I'm guessing not.

13. maggit

I think it's impossible. You can only console
    in the things that are in protos.

14. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

Here's a follow up question. Are there any restrictions to what enchantments you can put on an item and/or do some not work. I'm curious as I was enchanting a long bow and keen was an option. It was the same for a staff and I am having a tough time picturing what that would look like :shrug:

15. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Can bows be made Keen? I know blunt weapons can't be Keen, but that's just about the only restriction I'm aware of.

Our Host!