ToEEFE 4.00 wishlist & beta versions

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Jan 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Re: ToEEFE 4.00 wishlist

Oh! I have the perfect solution to both problems!!

Is there a way to make the signpost an instillation-time-only mod, like, say, the Desperate Housewives quest? It's completely optional, but the only chance you have to activate it is when you first install the Front End, so you don't risk messing up a game over it.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Actually SD, that is the only way we could do it. If it was a checkbox, activating or deactivating it would cause problems with old saved games.

3. ShadowDragoon

Ouch. Make me feel like a dunce... No wonder they call you the Blue Meanie. :punch:

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

You've been crushed by his authority. ;)
    Anyway, I agree that cleanup options
    should be under one button. Sitra's
    Map doesn't need to be optional. I mean
    it doesn't unballance the game... oh what
    the hell. Yeah, the best way is to make it
    optional during install.

5. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

UPDATE 01/13/07: Released ToEEFE 4.00 Beta2 for testing. It includes the new "remove PYC files" functionality (integrated into the "Clean game cache" option), as well as some .NET 2.0-related optimizations. The new version of ToEEFE requires .NET 2.0 but doesn't require .NET 3.0 (although have been tested to work alright on a .NET 3.0 installation). Please use with due care since I may have broken ( ;) ) something there, since I'm out of practice of coding (was busy for too long). Download link is available in this thread's top post in the attachments list. A KotB-specific version has been released separately in the KotB Private Forum.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Now the executables for ToEEFE are officially called ToEEFE.exe for the standard ToEE front-end and KotBFE.EXE for the KotB-specific ToEE front-end. The new package will not overwrite your old TempleFrontend.exe.

Normally Toffee 4.00b2 should remove all PYC files from the "scr" folder in case Co8 5.0.2 or older is installed. In case of 5.0.3 it should kill all PYC files both in the "scr" and in the "scr/co8Util" folders without giving out an error.

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Didn't I suggest this a week ago? :scratchhe

Not that I have a problem with Sitra's mod - I can't see why anyone would mind it being in the standard game (other than the zombie).

7. ShadowDragoon

:sweatdrop:

Sorry Ted. I missed that you posted that. I tend to miss complete posts now and then (like you haven't noticed already ;)).

8. Agetian

UPDATE 01/14/07: Released ToEEFE 4.00 Beta3 for testing. Fixed the bug with deactivating non-active modules again (somehow this code got partly commented out some time ago, I can't even remember why or when).

- Agetian

9. Phil

Phil Member

Could you have the clear cache option as something that the launcher executes as soon as you push a button, rather than waiting until the game is launched...or is that just not technically possible ?

10. Agetian

Well, this is of course technically possible, but may I ask why we would need such a thing? Clearing the game cache makes sense only in case you're actually willing to run the game with the cache cleared, therefore separating it from the game launcher code makes little sense to me so far.

- Agetian

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I think he wants it that way because Front End will not actually launch the game on his system. He would like to be able to clear the cache, close Front End and then launch ToEE with the ToEE.exe.

12. Phil

Phil Member

You're entirely correct

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

How about adding some Cheesiness? Looks are everything (once it all works) !.. :thumbsup:

web-style fade in/out popup menus, 3d effect buttons...nah, j/k

You've done a wonderful work; it all sounds amazing and great, Agetian. props to Ag :thumbsup:

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Hey, Krunch...you seem to have lots of ideas...how are those maps coming? Ever finish them?

15. Agetian

UPDATE 01/16/07: Released ToEEFE 4.00 Beta4 for testing. This version changes the code base of the Humble NPCs fix to the new fix made by Spellslinger. Feedback is necessary here, both on how Spellslinger's fix works and on how the ToEEFE implementation of it behaves. Use with due care.

VERY IMPORTANT: Before using this version of ToEEFE, make sure you have a clean DLL without any ToEEFE fixes enabled! This means that if you used Humble NPCs before, or max HP option, or whatever else is there, run ToEEFE 4.00 beta 3 or older version, disable all options, start the game, quit it after it starts, and only then update to ToEEFE 4.00 beta 4. Due to the updated codebase, mixing two patch versions may cause unexpected behavior or CTDs in the game. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. ;)

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!