NPC feat info?

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by olaf, Sep 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. olaf

olaf Member

Is there a way to see what feats NPCs are going to take at various levels?

Specifically, I am looking for which feats Meleny gets.

Thanks
    olaf

2. a54321

a54321 Member

i think

toee3\rules level_up.tab

has the info u want

3. WintermuteX

WintermuteX Member

look at "levelup.tab" here is what you find there (sorry for not formating it better):

Meleny attribute_wisdom Brew Potion Combat Casting Natural Spell Spell Focus (Conjuration) Augment Summoning Concentration Spellcraft Survival Heal Listen 'Calm Animals' class_druid 1 'Call Lightning' class_druid 3 'Hold Animal' class_druid 2 'Magic Fang' class_druid 1 'Poison' class_druid 3 'Produce Flame' class_druid 1 'Shillelagh' class_druid 1 'Summon Natures Ally I' class_druid 1 'Summon Natures Ally II' class_druid 2 'Summon Natures Ally III' class_druid 3 'Summon Natures Ally IV' class_druid 4 'Summon Natures Ally V' class_druid 5 Druid

4. olaf

olaf Member

Ah thanks guys. I am not at home right now, but this is just a text file? Can I edit it to put in the feats I want her to take?

Thanks
    olaf

5. WintermuteX

WintermuteX Member

i hadn't tested it until now but it should work.
    but you have to extract the file first using the ToEExtractor provided in one of the threads here.
    it is important to put the file in the right directory, for example:
    <drive>:\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\rules

the file is a textfile with a "strange" formating (as it is some kind of spreadsheet). i hadn't tried anything with the .tab files until now, so i would sugest you take a good editor like ultraedit and don't change the tabulator's just the "fields" with the feats. just replacing the feats would be the securest way IMHO.
    i go to bed now (GMT+1 aka CET) .. maybe i temper around with it tomorow.

6. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Uh. Strange = Tab delimited

(actually not that strange :) )

7. olaf

olaf Member

So would notepad fuck up the formatting? Wordpad too I assume? I basically just want to replace her 6th level feat with Craft Wonderous item.

olaf

8. olaf

olaf Member

Ok I downloaded Ultraedit and that extractor program and think I am good to go. I had already placed that updated item creation.mes file in my rules directory, and that worked for me. So I just put my edited level up.tab in that same directory. I made it her 3rd level feat, so I should know soon enough if it takes.

A question regarding that file, the casting classes have spells listed alongside the skills...what are those? At first I thought they were the spells they gained upon leveling...but divine casters have them listed too.

olaf

9. olaf

olaf Member

Strange she didnt gain a feat at all at 3rd level. Anyone know if NPCs gain feats at different rates? Is there a way to check what feats NPCs start with? I didnt record that info before I leveled her up.

Thanks
    olaf

10. olaf

olaf Member

Does anyone have any info regarding how often NPCs are supposed to gain feats? They do not gain them at the same intervals that PCs do. The level up.tab file seems correct in that it lists feat progression for the NPCs, but they dont pick them at 3,6,9 etc. They seem to be different depending on the NPC.

There is also some other info in this file that doesnt seem to work intuitively, like the way skill points are assigned for NPCs, or what the spells at the end of the spell casting NPCs entries' are for.

Thanks
    olaf

11. olaf

olaf Member

I never could get this to work. Nothing I did in the level_up.tab file did anything.

In messing around with it I discovered that NPCs are often broken. Spugnoir never increases his skills at all. Nor does he get 2 new spells per level like he is supposed to.

In testing for Feats, Meleny never got one in 5 levels.

olaf

Our Host!