Looting Tiny items

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Phil, Jan 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Phil

Phil Member

Not a thread about the loot bug !

Caused me endless pain but with the patches/mods installe dI no longer suffer from that old problem...but I have a new one (at least I don't think anyone's mentioned this before..but any thread it might have been mentioned in I probably overlooked as being that other loot bug related).

Tiny items on the ground, which drop away from bodies, are impossible to loot.

The problem is they're too small to target ! I can get a tiny blue dot to highlight if I press TAB but even mousing over the exact pixel provides no loot icon nor does clicking that location do anything other than issue a 'move' command.

I've running Atari patch 2, Co8 5.0.0 and screen resolution 1280x1024 (thought that might be relevant)

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Have you tried reducing your resolution? While ToEE will do higher resolutions, it was really meant to be played at the stock one. That might be your problem.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  3. Phil

Phil Member

I did reduce resolution down to 800x600 last time it happened, to find it was no better, it was still about a 2x2 pixel square and I couldn't click on it. I don't think I have missed any important loot though, as afterwards I found some of the quest loot I thought I was missing because of this glitch (black jays ring as one example) which was quite clearly visible.

So whatever this is, it's probably not important afterall.

I did make a screenshot if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about but it's probably not worth the effort.

4. Phil

Phil Member

as mentioned in another thread, apparently this is quite normal, for example the dot on the floor outside Lareth's room you say is "Bullets - do not use". I never managed to loot them, but I won't worry about them now.

Our Host!