Crafting question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Great Snook, Jan 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I'm been messing around with crafting weapons and I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I have a sorceress and a cleric. My sorceress has enchanted a broad sword, but now it says +1, +2, +1, +2, +3. Does this mean it is now +9?

I picked keen as a spell for her and now I've noticed that keen is one of the options to add to a weapon. In this case it is greyed out, so I'm guessing I need more levels before I can enchant it. Is this correct?

What spells link to what enchantments?

My cleric just went up a level, so I don't have enough xp to craft things with him and the moment so I haven't fiddled around with what he can make. I'm guessing Holy is probably a good one.

How many enchantments can you put on an item? Is there a limit to the number of times you can add to a something?

Thanks in advance. I'm really enjoying this game and the mods.

2. xSunchaserx

xSunchaserx Member

every thing you add a new enchantment to an item, the enchanted properties is added to the full name of the weapon, hence it gets +1, +2, +3.

For you info, you can customise names for your crafted weapon. Just backspace the name of the original weapon and type in whatever you deemed fits.

For your broad sword, I believe it is +3 already, just delete away the extra names when you craft new properties to it. If the name gets too long, it may crash the game.

As for total no. of enchanted properties, I think it can carry a max of 7-8. I'm not too sure on this one.

Have a good time gaming.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Ten things can be crafted onto an item. Someone else will have to give you more details about that, though, as I'm no expert on the subject. All those plusses are sort of goofy, and if you like, you can leave them there. It drove me nuts, :rant: and I had to fix it in my game. The crafting interface is really a description editor. You can click in the box where the item name appears and type or delete whatever you like in there. I usually give weapons a unique name once they get more than +3; sometimes before, other times not at all.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

IIRC the maximum Effective Enchantment Level (EEL) got fixed in a recent .dll fix.
    Weapons can have a maximum of +10 (EEL). The possible enchantments, EEL modifier, and their prerequisites are as follows...

Code:
    Name            EEL Effect                           Prerequisite 
    +1              +1  +1 att & dmg                     level 3
    +2              +2  +2 att & dmg                     level 6
    +3              +3  +3 att & dmg                     level 9
    Defending       +1  sub BAB for AC                   Shield or Shield of Faith, level 8
    Flaming         +1  +1d6 Fire dmg per hit            Fireball or Flame Strike, level 10
    Frost           +1  +1d6 Cold dmg per hit            Chill Metal or Ice Storm, level 8
    Shock           +1  +1d6 Electrical dmg/hit          Call Lightning or Lightning Bolt, level 8
    Flaming  Burst  +2  +1d10 (x2crit) or +2d10 (x3crit) Fireball or Flame Strike, level 10
    Icy Burst       +2  +1d10 (x2crit) or +2d10 (x3crit) Chill Metal or Ice Storm, level 8
    Shocking Burst  +2  +1d10 (x2crit) or +2d10 (x3crit) Call Lightning or Lightning Bolt, level 8
    Anarchic        +2  +2d6 Chaotic dmg                 Chaos Hammer, level 7, Crafter MUST be Chaotic
    Axiomatic       +2  +2d6 Lawful dmg                  Order's Wrath, level 7, Crafter MUST be Lawful
    Holy            +2  +2d6 Holy dmg                    Holy Smite, level 7, Crafter MUST be Good
    Unholy          +2  +2d6 Unholy dmg                  Unholy Blight, level 7, Crafter MUST be Evil
    Keen            +1  Doubles a weapon crit range      Keen Edge, level 10
    Mighty Cleaving +1  Great Cleave                     Divine Power, level 8
    The elemental burst weapons function as the elemental weapons do, but with increased damage on a critical hit.
    Keen doesn't stack with improved critical
    Mighty Cleaving requires the weapon wielder to have Cleave, to work, but doesn't grant any additional benefit to a character that also has Great Cleave.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

<wipes away a tear> Lord Plothos would be so proud.

Just to emphasise what Sunchaser said, o Great Snook, leaving the pluses in there and hence making your weapon description longer and longer as you add enchantments WILL crash the game eventually (unless Spellslinger has 'fixed' this also). And a 'Longsword +1 +2 +3' is tacky anyway. Call it 'Snook's Retort'. :dead:

Edit: hey Al, what about Sonic damage? Needs 'Control Weather' dunnit? ;)

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Surely you mean Thundering weapons Ted? It requires blindness/deafness, but isn't in ToEE yet, and probably never will be (unless Spellslinger is up for a chalenging hack ;)).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

You know what enhancement should be added? Dancing weapons. :D

8. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I like it, I shall make it so.

9. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

How about the rolling shockwave power of the warhammer "The Whelm" or the Vampiric soul-sucking ability of "Black Razor" each of White Plume Mountain fame?

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

We have a sword of life-stealing but I don't think it works :(

Sonic weapons most certainly do work - Iolo's Joy is one of them. You mean we can't craft them?

11. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I think I posted this some time ago in one
    of the bugs threads (possibly atari). You can
    add sonic damage by adding Monster Bonus
    Damage Sound (or Sonic.. or... something).
    This however causes a problem of the damage
    being added to all of the weapons the character
    is currently holding in hands. o_O That is if s/he
    has an offhand weapon it will do additional damage.
    Ah, here it is:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=45234&postcount=97

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  12. Phil

Phil Member

The sword of Life Stealing certainly seems to work. I've been using it and I always have a number (between 1 and 4) lines underneath my char (when mouse-over on his avatar) that read Temp HP:

Oddly usually Temp HP:0 x4 times

But then when he does get a crit and steal some life, it will be a positive value. And then it gets taken off as a damage absorb later when he takes dmg.

Regarding those crafting abilities, in the table above, "Defending" is an option but I have never seen that before - it doesn't appear in my crafting menu.
    What does it do, and how can I make it appear ? Other addons appear in grey before I have the necessary spells but this one never has.

13. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Well, the Sword of Lifestealing works, but not as intended. It will steal a level from anything you critically hit with it, and give you the temp hp, but if you critically hit something with no character levels, no matter how many hp it has, it kills it instantly. What it should do in that situation is steal a hit die, but there is no mechanism in the game engine to do that, and the game interpret being at a negative level as being dead. This can especial be a problem with trolls, with their transferring melee damage to subdual damage and their regeneration. Sometimes the game never ends combat with them, even though they are dead.

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Defending should allow you to add to your armor class. I've not seen it work in ToEE, but it's supposed to allow you better protection at the expense of the weapons to hit & damage bonus. The wielder should have access to it each round of combat. A +4 Defender allows you to select it as a +2 weapon with +2 to your AC, or +3 AC & a +1 weapon, etc. depending on what your needs are in combat. It only works against hand-held weapons used against you in melee.

If you're familair with it, one of the abilities of the Sword of Kas is that it is a +6 Defender.

15. Phil

Phil Member

Well, that tells me how to use it...but how do you actually make them ?

Our Host!