Bug Crashing when rescuing merchant

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Jan 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Folks,

I'm in Dungeon level 2 and when I attempt to free the merchant and offer to take him to Verbobonc, the game crashes. I'm using 5.0.0 according to my front end program and have installed everything in the order dictated by direction. Also, I crash when my sorcerer summons his familiar. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Firesprung

[edit]

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3561

OK, so can I patch with 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 and keep my progress in my current campaign? I'm delerious (as it is late for me - I wake at 5:15 AM each day)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I believe this answers your question about 5.0.2. I put a lot of time into that post. I wish somebody would actually read it. ;)

3. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

hey - thanks. but remember, chalk my non-post reading to my delerium.

4. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Don't think I breezed by it when reviewing the 5.0.1 - 5.0.3 thread (but may have) but does 5.0.1 fix the bugs mentioned in my first post in this thread?

Also, another question - can a player actually read the letters and diaries in the game?

I see a reference to the merchants, but not clear if this resolves the issue I'm having.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  5. JamesTheLion

JamesTheLion Member

Yep - You can read the notes, etc. Simply open your inventory and drag the note over the use icon (located just below and on the right side of the inventory screen, next to drop).

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I think 5.0.1 will fix your issue, but it's been a long time. I remember there were quite a few Verbobonc fixes in the early days of 5.0.1, many of them having to do with the merchants. Check the 5.0.x CMF Bug Report Thread and see if there is any mention of a similar problem, and that a fix was issued.

7. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Not fixed it appears. If I am correct the only other way to get there are the prisoners on the 1st level? if so I missed that opportunity. Any other ways there?

8. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

one more thing, the 5.0.1 states to unzip into the "ToEE root directory."

for clarification, I read that as C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil

then ran the exe which deleted the psy files. also the front door states I'm patched at 5.0.1.

Our Host!