Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Nov 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

It's a +1 Handaxe with Keen, so according to 3.5e SRD that would give it a base price of 8,306 gp. (Someone should check my calculation.)

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Cleaver's value = 6(handaxe) + 300(masterwork) + 8000(+1 and keen[is a +1 ench]) = 8306gp
    Your calculations look Ok to me.

However there are 2 additional issues here:
    1)The base damage of the cleaver is 1d10 as compared to that of a normal handaxe 1d6
    2)The base crit multiplier and crit range (before adding keen) is X3, 19-20 as compared to that of a normal handaxe X3, 20

So basically the cleaver is "keen" twice and does the base damage of a bastard sword without needing the Exotic Weapon Proficiency. Not sure how to represent that in terms of price.

We can also opt to nerf it so that it is not so overpowered and therefore not need to put so high a price range. I still find it funny that 2 regular female bugbears could be wielding such potent weapons.

If we make the base damage 1d6 and make it X3, 20 (after keen this would be X3, 19-20), then we would be able to put it at 8306 without any issues and it would still be a powerful weapon.

If we are also nerfing/correcting Meleny's dowry from +3 Holy Longsword to +1 Holy Longsword I see no reason why we should not also nerf Fruella's weapon.

Comments?

I believe we may also need a correction for the odd 2-headed battleaxe:
    {4062}{Battleaxe} which weighs 15lb and is valued at 60gp instead of a normal battleaxe which weighs 6lb and is valued at 10gp.

I suspect that the odd 2-headed battleaxe was originally intended to be an orc double axe which does indeed weigh 15lb and is priced at 60gp as per 3.5e SRD. However since double weapons are not implemented in ToEE, the orc double axe got the shaft and the programmers forgot to readjust the stats to reflect a regular battleaxe.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  3. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

If we're going to fix the stats of the Great Cleaver, I'd say we just change it 1d6 and for the price we calculate it based on it being Double Keen, i.e. +3 magic weapon. I like the fact that it is has a large critical range. :)

We could also check to see if the stats would make better sense as something other than a "hand axe."

And why female bugbears have them, I guess it has something to do with the type of game they cook.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  4. zhuge

@RufusAtticus:
    Leaving the extended crit range as it is is viable but we'll need to hike up that price. Assuming that the enhancement to represent another Keen that would mean a total enhancement of +3 and a value of 18306gp.
    Any comments from others on how we should change this?

So regarding the 2 headed Battleaxe that I mentioned in my previous post, are we changing its price and weight?

5. zhuge

Romag's first quest is still broken post patch as you can tell Romag that you have killed the snake even if you have not done so.

Looking up the relevant sections in Romag's dialogue files:

{120}{No, no. It's nothing like that. A giant snake has made its way into the kitchen off to the side of the room. The beast killed my best ogre chef. And now the rest of the ogres won't even go near there.}{No, no. It's nothing like that. A giant snake has made its way into the kitchen off to the side of the room. The beast killed my best ogre chef. And now the rest of the ogres won't even go near there.}{}{120}{}{game.quests[43].state = qs_mentioned}
    {121}{So you want me to take out this snake?}{}{8}{}{130}{}
    {122}{Me no cook either. Me no mind snake, but me no cook!}{}{-7}{}{140}{}
    {123}{Yeah, I know that snake. It's dead now.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[117] == 1}{150}{game.quests[43].state = qs_completed; game.global_flags[347] = 1}
    {124}{Me kill that big snake in kitchen. It safe for ogres now.}{}{-7}{game.global_flags[117] == 1}{150}{game.quests[43].state = qs_completed; game.global_flags[347] = 1}

Looking at line {123}, the condition to enable saying this is:

game.global_flags[117] == 1

Is it possible that this flag has been wrongly set to 1 by default?
    Or perhaps the number 117 is wrong. Where is this flag located? Can we reset this flag to 0 somewhere else?

If we can figure this out, we'll be able to solve another quest bug.

6. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

From "py00239Snake_death.py"
    Code:
    from toee import *

def san_dying( attachee, triggerer ):
    	game.global_flags[117] = 1
    	return RUN_DEFAULT

Looks like 117 is the right variable. I couldn't find anyother py or dlg file that mentioned it.

If 117 is set to 1 by default, then we could get around it by modifying the python file to set the variable for something else (0 or 2) and then modify the dlg file to check for this new value.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  7. mp3ss

mp3ss Member

8. zhuge

Made the changes below after extracting ToEE4.dat files to the data folder of Temple of Elemental Evil:

1)In py00239Snake_death.py:
    Changed game.global_flags[117] = 1 to game.global_flags[117] = 2

2)In 00119romag.dlg
    Changed {123}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {123}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...
    Changed {124}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {124}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...

{307} remains same
    {308} remains same

Changed {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...
    Changed {310}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {310}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...
    Changed {311}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {311}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...
    Changed {312}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {312}... {game.global_flags[117] == 2} ...

Results: Romag now no longer gives the option of acknowledging I killed the snake first time round. Problem is after I DID kill the snake and returned for his 2nd quest, he still doesn't acknowledge that I've killed the snake.

I'm a bit worried that the variable game.global_flags[117] might be Boolean or something, allowing only 0 or 1.
    Perhaps I'll try again with 0 instead of 2 and set lines {307} and {308} to 1 (since that seems to be the negative default value in this quest).

Any other ideas? Hope I haven't missed any other lines. Wouldn't know about other files. Hope that none checks for this variable.

9. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

Did you delete the "py00239Snake_death.pc" or whatever it is called that represents the compiled python script?

10. zhuge

Success at last! :)
    Seems like those game.global_flags may only recognize 0 and 1 but not 2.

Below are the changes I made:

1)In py00239Snake_death.py:
    Changed game.global_flags[117] = 1 to game.global_flags[117] = 0

2)In 00119romag.dlg:
    Changed {123}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {123}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...
    Changed {124}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {124}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...
    Changed {307}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ... to {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ...
    Changed {308}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ... to {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ...
    Changed {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {309}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...
    Changed {310}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {310}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...
    Changed {311}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {311}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...
    Changed {312}... {game.global_flags[117] == 1} ... to {312}... {game.global_flags[117] == 0} ...

One bug down... umm... another zillion to go... :p

11. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

That has been fixed and implemented in my latest protos. See the thread about masterwork armors after Co8 2.0 patch.

12. ls1290

ls1290 Member

Re: 3 wishs for the next co8 patch release

I would really like to see these :)

13. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

Re: 3 wishs for the next co8 patch release

Does the wisdom amulet still give you bonus to will saving throws?

Does the int. headband give you bonus skill points?

14. Thalander

Thalander Member

yeah, skills increased with headband and amulet of wisdom, rolls works ok too, check in the rolls history... but no spells slots, the funny thing is when you cast a owls and fox cunning you get spells slots, but its not working with items, and since spells vanish after some time you dont get the benefits

15. Gastrian

Gastrian Member

I would like some extra encounters. Currently I feel the game is far too short. I'm not asking for new maps (which would be nice) but enocunters wth named bandit groups, characters, etc. In a map the size of Emridy Meadows you only fight the Hill Giant yet just north of Nulb you have an encounter with a King Frog, the huge fish and the SeaHag. There's plenty of wasted space on the maps which could be filled.

Our Host!