Scary behaviour

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Eskil, Dec 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Eskil

Eskil Member

Hello!

Got back to this game after having it collect dust for about two years and started to play again.

Made a fresh reinstall with Atari patch v2 and Co8 v5.0.0.

Have played around a bit in Hommlet and suddenly when I reopened the game today I noticed that my last savegames were missing. Managed to reproduce this quite easily. Saved twice (one full and one quicksave) outside the Druid and when I looked which games I could load the most recent save wasn't there.

Is this a known issue? How can I avoid it? Feels very shaky to put any time into playing the game otherwise if I keep losing saved games at random..

/Eskil

2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

The one that was missing... was it just your quicksave, or your quicksave and full save? If it was the quicksave... then quicksaves have been known to be buggy from times. If it's your full save that dissappeared too, then I'm not completely sure...

3. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

i think you can't use games from before the latest upgrade.
    I usually save one game at the very end of the game. however, i could not get that game to load with the new upgrade.

characters could be transfered over.

I think the quick save and the full save (everytime you enter a door) screws up the upgrades.

you should enjoy the game. once you have three characters passed 3rd level you can fart around before entering the temple until you are 10th level.

there are a lot of upgrade encounters in this game.

4. Eskil

Eskil Member

It was a full save that disappeared. It was actually a quicksave that I could recover from.

This is not an upgrade issue since I did not play before before I had applied all the patches (after the reinstall).

/Eskil

5. Eskil

Eskil Member

Btw, is there any way to make a backup of your saved games?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Copy them onto your desktop?

They are in the modules / co8 5.0.0 / save folder.

Re your missing saves - are u sure you were restarting the co8 mod when you ran the FrontEnd? They won't be there if you play vanilla ToEE or any other earlier mod that may be there.

7. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

If it was just because of going from using 5.0.1 to 5.0.2, then the saved games would still be there, they would just appear 'corrupted' to the game. So, that's not the answer.

8. Eskil

Eskil Member

I am not playing the Co8-module. I am playing the original ToEE-module instead.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you realise that means no Co8 bug fixes or anything, and if you'd previously been playing Co8 that would explain why your save games are missing.

Our Host!