CTDs with give item, please help!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Libertus Rex, Dec 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Libertus Rex

Libertus Rex Member

I was tired that my fighter kept dying on me all the time and decided to give him some stuff, now I can't access my save game! Help? Using Co8 5.0.0.

Here's what I did:

I was in nulb with that witch, opened the console and gave myself a longsword +5, shield +5, amulet of natural armor +5, bracers of archery greater, adamantium breastplate. Then enchanted the breastplate to +3. Equipped everything on my dwarf fighter but the bracers, that went to my rogue.

Now, everytime I exited the witch hut the game crashed, so I reloaded and tried to identify which item was causing this. I removed and dropped all of them, exited the hut: ok. Went in and grabbed one, exited: ok. Did that for all items and no more crashes. Finally, with everything equipped I exited the hut and went to see Otis, on the way I saved on top of that savegame (BIG mistake) and next time I entered a house ... CTD! And now I can't load the savegame, ctds all the time.

What can I do to correct this? Can I delete the items in the savegame directly?

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I had this issue once. The best way is to either cleanup
    the cache (delete all pyc. files) and trash in the
    module\maps directory (everything that's not a folder).
    If this doesn't work, re-install. Oh, and one more thing.
    It's not nice to cheat. ;)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  3. Libertus Rex

Libertus Rex Member

Great stuff man! It worked like a charm, thanks a lot!

4. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Instead of boosting him by cheat, consider playing better tactics to keep him alive. You'll probably feel a better sense of accomplishment ...

Don't mean to be rude but I really dislike these cheats. ToEE isn't a kind of console RTS or FPS with juniors asking everywhere about cheat codes. :shame:

Our Host!