Scorching Ray

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by player1, Dec 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. player1

player1 Member

Is there any way to add Scorching Ray spell into the game.
    It's so cool 3.5 spell.

Don't see a reason why it was left out in the game.

From 3.5 SRD:

2. Shin

Shin Established Member

Very interesting spell..

Programming wise, I think we can try by learning how Troika implemented the magic missile...

Now about graphical effects, is there any spell animation that looks like a fire ray in ToEE? I think not... :(

Oh, to answer to your question, I think there's a way, in this game, spell programs are written in Python language script form, however, I don't think anyone here has time to work on it for now. Since Zhuge and others have enough work with the second patch stuff already.

Maybe later. :) This spell looks like an awesome alternative to acid arrows.

3. player1

player1 Member

Hmm...

Which files need to be edited to make this work?

Maybe I could try something in spare time.

P.S.
    As for the graphics, maybe fireball bolt could be used (but not splash), if possibile.

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Getting a whole new spell to work would be a major accomplishment. However I'm really unsure whether we can get the engine to recognize a new spell and process graphics associated with it.

First off, I'd try to identify all the files involved with spellcasting.
    Then maybe tinker with some .py files involved with spells. Some of the spells are pretty much hardcoded for the most part so there's little we can do.

Have a look at some old posts. I think there were some previous efforts trying to change Magic Missile but with pretty limited results.

Our Host!