I was trying to make a light crossbow 1-handed so that I can dual-wield it, problems

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Dec 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shin

Shin Established Member

I tried to remove the OIF_WEAR_2HAND_REQUIRED flag in Equip slot flags column and OWF_RANGED_WEAPON in two handed flags column, now I can equip 2 light crossbows, the problem is, when I try to shoot, the first bolt firing costs too many action points so that the second bolt can't be launched...

Here's a quote from SRD btw :

Would anyone have any idea how to bypass it? Do you think the game engin is simply unable to implement this feature?

The idea of double sneaking attacking was way too tempting... :)

2. Bob the Elf

Bob the Elf Member

I get the feeling that a ranged attack is automatically a standard action. My ranger gets a 3 attack (3/3 when I select full attack from the radial) when he's equiped with 2 crossbow but shooting the first bolt drains all my action bar and I get a "not enough time" for the 2/3 remaining attack.

3. Pebz

Pebz Member

A late answer, but late is better then never :)

I tested this today, and it worked nicely (some minor oddities, such as the animations, but otherwise cool). I think both of you forgot a simple (but easily overlooked) feat: Rapid Reload.

I tested these two setups:

Fighter 1: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot; 3 attacks per round, can only use 1 (reload is a move action).

Fighter 2: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot; 3 attacks per round, can use all 3 (reload is a free action, due to Rapid Reload).

Both fighters were level 1, so fighter 2 probably gets 4 attacks at level 6.

Happy akimboing :D

Our Host!