5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by rufnredde, Jul 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 Mods and Fixes Thread

It seems there was a bug introduced a while back in one of the 5.0.1 updates that was causing the Slaughtered Caravan encounter to never happen. This file fixes it.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 12-17-06 02:30

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

This File will remove the no longer needed Travel Agent from the gnoll attacked caravan map.
    Just extract this to your root ToEE folder.

For 5.0.2 build 11.06.06 ONLY

Added to Cumulative Fixes 5.0.2 12-17-06 02:30

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  3. Allyx

These files fix the Drow fighters who stand around in the Verbobonc underdark without attacking. This was caused by the AI routine expecting to find potions they didn't have - this fix gives them a potion each to drink and makes the AI routine work simultaneously. ;)

Attached Files:

4. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

After a nice four week rest I'm back, albeit with some very minor fixes.

- Charm spells will now recognise charm morale bonuses on the saving throw. (although this will have very little effect on the game because it's not that common for PC's to have charm cast against them and the Balor doesn't use charm.. but I promised it to ya all!)

- The Guardian Hezrou will now always choose to summon another Hezrou to make life difficult for those pesky adventurers that keep disturbing it! (as discussed in this thread)

- The Hezrou stench will no longer affect elementals, mainly for the benefit of the water elemental buddies the guardian has.

H.

Attached Files:

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re: Found a tiny bug in Bassanio's script

Found another small bug. Not related to Bassanio, but I figured it didn't merit a new thread. The script that spawns Black Jay's ring inside the Moathouse frog didn't check for flags[410], so if you ran back and forth between Hommlet and the Moathouse without killing it, you'd get more than one ring. Fixed in attachment, compatible with Co8 cum 5.0.2 build 11.06.

View attachment py00334generic_spawner.zip

BTW, am I allowed to start posting fixes and changes in the stickied fixes thread or is that reserved for veteran members only?

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Spell Sounds Update 2. Includes spell sounds for Jesse's Blasphemy and Holy Word spells, so now all spells in the game should be audible again. Also fixes the typo that was causing the Chaos Hammer sound not to fire (thanks, Kalshane).

Attached Files:

7. Allyx

Adding the black leather fix I posted elsewhere on the forum so it can be found easilly.

[EDIT] Looks like all the black leather files were missed out in the last CMF. I have uploaded them here now.

Attached Files:

8. Gaear

Typo/spelling/grammar fix for the Game Quest Log.

Attached Files:

9. Allyx

The Kukri has been in the game for a while now, but no feats are available for improving attack, damage, and crit range with them.

These files will fix this issue, but there's a catch with this one, the Kukri feats are in the game and work fine, with one exception...

Instead of using the D&D 3.5 rules, they were built with the 3.0 rules, which basically means you'll need to take the exotic weapon proficiency feat to use the other feats for the kukri.

The 5.0.1 version of this fix can be found here.

The 5.0.2 version of this fix can be found here.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 5.0.3 12-17-06 02:30

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ted's Small Fluffy Pack

This 'fix' addresses various issues:

Firstly, it activates the repeating crossbows in the game and adds the necessary EWP feats (+ weapon focus etc) using Spellchecker's Feat Enabler tool: all credit for this goes to him. As with the kukri, the repeating crossbows were probably removed as not 100% 3.5 rules compliant: they allow anyone to move, reload and fire in one round without 'rapid reload' which is RAW, but they do not seem to have to have a new magazine fitted after every 5 rounds as per the rules (they are thus slightly more powerful than in the game - almost 17% better, in fact). But they are better than not having them at all, and since you have to spend a feat (or more) to have proficiency with them, its fair enough.

Secondly, the existing repeaters - Wonnilon's crossbow and Iolo's Joy - were converted to repeating crossbows, as they should be. A generic repeater, masterwork version and repeating hand crossbow were all activated in the protos.tab (having been sittting there for a while).

Thirdly, the PC_Start.py file was altered so anyone starting with these feats (repeater or kukri) will get one when entering the game, as with other EWPs and MWPs. This is currently the only way to get a standard one, being an exotic weapon they will not be widely available in the game (unless someone wants to start hacking them in to shopkeepers' inventories which doesn't bother me).

Fourthly, Jinnerth the tailor has had his dlg altered so that he will now reward the party with a masterwork repeater if they do his 'militia' quest (and don't stick him with the bill for uniforms for everyone). He is a crossbow sharpshooter, after all.

Fifthethly, the goblins in the weavers loft have been totally converted to halflings (except the models of course). Furthermore, they now dance and carry on as they were always meant to - and if u manage to get them to behave without just slaughtering them, they stop dancing and carrying on :)

Sixthly, by popular demand Lila's dlg file should now display within the requisite box and not look like a cheap hack :blegh:

Seventhly, I have introduced Cuchulainn's 'invisible' (one pixel) mesh from KotB into ToEE at the request of Sitra Achara. It is model 10171. To test it I have added a 'shelf' container to one of the less-frequently visited buildings in the game. Feel free to look around for it and see whats inside. I'll think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Eighththly, I have added combat voices to the zombies, to see how it goes and perhaps kick something along in that area. Feedback would be welcome.

The 5.0.2 version of this fix can be found here.

There is no 5.0.1 version (even though Al did one above) since I am not in favour of there being multiple .dlls doing the rounds that do or don't have this or that fix. In any case, the Lila / goblins / zombies / Jinnerth changes are all for the early game, while if if you already have Wonnilon's repeater or Iolo's Joy, this fix will make them non-proficient weapons for you, so probably you should wait til you are ready to start a new game before using this anyway.

WARNING: for those happy few who start the game with 'no weapons' at the ShopMap, the inclusion of PC_Start.py will break this, causing you to start with all your weapons u take proficiencies in. This will be fixed in a future release (big release with .exe file) but for now, all of you who take 'EWP_bastard_sword' because you want to buy a katana will have to put up with starting with a bastard sword. I say, sell it :)

Added to Cumulative Fixes 5.0.3 12-17-06 02:30

11. Gaear

Re: 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Thread

Fix for an unvoiced Romag line.

Attached Files:

12. Shiningted

Re: 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Thread

Restored Murraya dlg file, will work with 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.

Attached Files:

13. Gaear

Re: 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Updated control files for 11/19/2006 new movies release v2. Contains MapList.mes and movies.mes.

Attached Files:

14. Shiningted

Masterwork Sling

This adds the masterwork sling to Bing's inventory upon respawn, and reduces the chances of everything spawning to 80% as per the norm. It goes in data/rules.

Attached Files:

15. Gaear

Re: 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Dialogue fix that stops Alrrem contradicting the existence of the Cave Lair as used by the orcs.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!