What games did you regret buying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOEEHamster, Nov 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

:sadblinky

Got bought this (and Summoner 2) by my best friend for my PS2. Never could figure quite how to give an honest opinion to him about the game. Go-go rings of powah!

2. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

I have a similar complaint with X-Wing Alliance, which I bought fairly late. ;)

By the way, I played Summoner through. To the end. I liked the turn of the plot quite a lot.

What I didn't like was that the NPCs didn't look fairly different.

One thing that kind of impressed me was the unbeatable lich-like magician. He was unbeatable - except for poison damage. If I didn't have a poison sword with my party, I wouldn't have been able to beat him.

(I played the PC version. And bought it on a flea market, second hand.)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  3. Vash_HS

Vash_HS Member

There's really only about 3 games

1) Deus Ex 2- I hated the new ammo system and the smaller maps and the end game enemies were insanely difficult (especially since I'd been using tranq darts most of the game)

2) TOEE- It started out good but the nodes were unplayable so I stopped (not a complete wash since I started again now using the CO8 stuff)

3) Oblivion- Better combat system, but everything else sucked. Lack of guilds, being forced to do the main quest without interruption, lack of interesting quests, lack of decent exploration, etc. Luckily I was able to take back the game and get my money back.

4. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Eh? What do you mean? I did the first five missions in the main quest, completed most of the guild quests, then returned to finish the main quest. Doesn't sound like I finished the main quest uninterrupted :)

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

heh, I got the heir guy to cloud ruler temple and havn't done anymore main quests. just killed a few people for money ;)

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Quake 4 - Sold it after an afternoon of play followed by not even starting it for 8 months!

Oblivion - Well, nearly bought it.. borrowed it because I had inklings it wasn't gonna be up to much and didn't want to waste my money even though I thought the ES games would always be on my must-buy lists. Whew was I glad I hadn't bought it.

Darwinia - Sounded cool and I like supporting independent games. Got bored when I spent hours doing the first level only to fail - didn't feel like doing it again because I'd not been enjoying it anyway. Never gone back.

7. TOEEHamster

TOEEHamster Member

Here's my latest: Medieval Total War 2

Buggy(there's a whole thread on bugs to be fixed in the official forum)

Poor AI : In battles, the enemy army just stood there and let themselves get surrounded, in MTW they will at least move to counter your flanking tactics.
    In campaign: AI left a border city almost undefended, AI generals walk around alone, sending small armies to take on twice their number. Well at least the game is easy.

Terrible interface.
    Inadequate documentation: you have to go online and dig around forums to find out how free unit support works.

But the graphics and sounds are spiffy, I guess thats what counts.
    You will think they will know what to do after 3 games. Guess I should really "try" a game before buying one.

I was deciding between MTW2 and NWN2, did I made the wrong choice?

Hopefully patches and mods will fix the problems and we are probably looking at an expansion that fixes some bugs and maybe introduce new ones.

Our Host!