Hezrou

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Oct 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I agree.

My party was all evil-aligned, with some CE, so chaos hammer would have been not as effective, and neither blasphemy and unholy blight would have worked at all on my PCs. I do wish the teleport function would be usable in combat. it would be cool if the hezrou(or balor etc.) could teleport near and attack my weakest spellcasting PC.

2. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Glad you liked it. If elementals should be immune to poison, I can easily make it that way.. I simply checked the protos for the monster types that had the DR_POISON set. I didn't feel like trawling the SRD... ;-)

If you can confirm this, please put it in the Stench thread in GD and I'll get to it soon. (been very tired and busy of late..)

It was like that when I found it, honest guv! :giggle:

Any comment on my idea that they should never appear, the Hez Guardian should always (for this specific ToEE encounter) summon another Hez... :twisted:

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I guess my question would be how does the spell determine if something should be affected or not. Does it check for poison immunity, or does it have a list of what shouldn't be affected? If it's the former, then maybe I need to go back through the protos and add poison immunity for elementals.

I don't have a problem with this, though in the rules, there's only a 35% change of whatever they summon showing up. (Unlike the Summon Monster X spells, the demon's summoning abilities are more of a "Hey, I could use a little help here." and it's up to the demon that hears it to decide whether or not they feel like coming.)

4. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

It has a list of types that are not affected, I've added elementals.. anything else that should be added to this list?

You might still want to pop 'Monster Poison Immunity' on the elementals next run though the protos though.

Okay I'll do this then. :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Must have missed this part the first time around, sorry.

I'll have a look-see re: the sound part. It could be that it's not actually a spell sound, but rather a trap sound or something like that. There are all kinds of traps in the game that are eerily silent. I'll see if I can figure it out.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm, something's fishy there Kal. The lack of spell sfx was a simple typo, though I suspect it's been that way all along, as the misspelling was in the .wav file, not in the control .mes file. It is possible that I may have at some point inadvertantly 'corrected' the typo in the control file and thus broken the sound operation, but it seems unlikely.

As for the graphics, well, I observed the hammer animation firing without fail, with no weird green greasy gas effects anywhere to be seen. I didn't test it anywhere near the Hezrou though.

Look for the sound fix in the GM fixes thread soon.

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Huh. Okay. I'll have to summon a hezrou and see what happens in my game again.

Our Host!