A strange "Hommlet hates my followers" bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Radish, Nov 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Radish

Radish Member

First let me say I've managed to "fix" (in quotes because I have no idea how) the problem already. But it was nonetheless very strange and I feel like some folks around here might like to hear about it.

I have Meleny, Serena, and Riana as followers. Any time I brought all three near another person in Hommlet, combat started. Just two was (usually) alright, and any one never caused problems. But no one could seem to stand all three of them together for some reason. I tried removing Riana and Serena from the party to see if that would allow me some peace, but they immediately became hostile after leaving the party. So I tried removing Meleny instead, and thankfully she remained peaceful. I then talked to a few folks around town and none became hostile. After adding Meleny back to the party, however, everyone in town was still peaceful.

So removing Meleny and then adding her back again made the problem miraculously go away. Or at least the problems with other people in Hommlet. Serena and Riana are still waiting to gut me for all I know.

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Dude, you married Meleny and then cheated on her with Riana and Serena. Mel and the sisters can't stand one-another. There's bound to be conflict.

;)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It could be that you've hit your followers with an area effect spell? that will make them rowdy when they leave your group. Or perhaps your actions have upset the Hommlet faction too much?

4. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I had the same thing happen last night with the armorer in Verbobonc, after arriving and healing at the inn, I went to see him and he attacked instead.. I had elmo and otis with me.. of course a charm person spell resolved it and now I have a merchant who loves to follow me on adventures and buy up my spoils... (however as would be expected his stores stay out on the street):aaaa:

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Radish - did u get the angry spiel from Meleny when you asked Serena and Riana to join?

6. Radish

Radish Member

:blink: ...No.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Do'h!

Did u have Meleney in the party when u got the other two?

8. Radish

Radish Member

Yessum.

And apparently I need 10 characters to reply. Here's 91 (not counting spaces and carriage returns).

Our Host!