New Weapons

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cuchulainn, Sep 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You're right. I was confused by the whole guys with beards, horned helmets and big hammers thing.

2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@Cujo: Hey what style of sickle were you thinking? If you've got a pic that would be awesome, otherwise just a description of the style would be great.

Cuchulainn.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

like the inventery icon,

btw, can I get a "witches style broom" just for a fun quarterstaff. say no if you can't be bothered

4. Cuchulainn

Sure, no problem. Cleaver, Rollin Pin, Broom, I can picture the next module already "ToEE, The French Revolution" :yes:

Haven't forgotton about the generic axe either, just concentrating on knocking out the straight model replacements so I can throw a zip up.

I temporarily scaled the katana model up by a third, just to make it easier to see. The shadowing you see on the blade is NOT part of the texture. You can see in the first pose the back of the blade is in shadow, 2nd it's the cutting edge, 3rd it's the side facing you. Not sure how ToEE figures shadows, but it does the same thing with SKMs that cam from Troika, so I don't think it's a model issue.

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  5. Cuchulainn

I made up a new model for the Kama last night when I couldn't sleep anyway. I got it textured now and figured I'd throw it up for review.

I notice that like about half of my new models this doesn't have weird shadows in game. I had run into the slightly odd shadows on some of the models I re-textured before Leksey's excellent plugin, but I have never been able to figure out why. If anyone knows or feels like taking a geuss I'd love to hear it.

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

• kama.jpg
      kama.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that kama looks awesome.

did you make the katana with a diamond cross section, that might be the deal with the shadow, maybe if it had a triangular cross section it might solve the shadow problem.

7. Cuchulainn

No, it's got a triangular cross section, well pentagonal I guess. The blade starts narrowing about halfway to the cutting edge. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm quite happy to test any theory, I want to figure this out.

Cuchulainn.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I was thinking if you had it narrowing all the way from the mune to the hasaki, that might solove the problem

9. Cuchulainn

I loaded it up in Max to try out your suggestion, and discovered that I had somehow f***ed it up completely. Rather than being a V shape in cross-section it was a T shape, with both faces of the blade perpendicular to the spine.

Anyway I replaced the blade and it looks OK in game now. This is still scaled up by a 3rd to make it easier to see.

Attached Files:

10. Cuchulainn

A model replacement for the sickle. I notice he's holding too far down the handle in-game, other than that any suggestions/comments?

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nice work Cuch, we have needed a sickle for ages :clap:

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

cool, way better than the one I made.

13. Leksey

Leksey Member

@Cuchulainn : Cool work!!!
    And I am now really has a lot of problems, so plugin development is stopped for a while....

14. Cuchulainn

Sorry to hear that Leksey, best of luck to you. We'll still be hear when you get the chance to work on it again. :)

Cuchulainn.

15. Cuchulainn

heh heh heh.

The Smythe & Westrealm 50 has a new look. :)

It's overscale atm but I figured I'd snap some screnies first then scale it down, makes it easier to see. It is a tad more complex than ToEE models need to be, but it's something you have to console in so I can live with it. I was going to make it just a basic gun shape, but having been a gun nut since my earliest memories I just couldn't. it is of course based on the Smith & Wesson model 500.

@Cujo: Mind if I change the inventory icon?

Cuchulainn.

Attached Files:

Our Host!