Hickory Branch MOD (new)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by krunch, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@sirchet: The issue you described is in queue for review.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:

PoC in the US ARMY means point of contact. On another note I got the screens to go to my pictures (AOL), then edit, save as .jpg and voila......less than 100kb. Man I gotta learn to do more than play games and check emails on this thing :blink:

Now to see if I attached the pictures correctly.

Attached Files:

3. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

OK, that's odd. I didn't see those on my trips through, but I'll check again.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You are missing two of the ground art files, most likely because of an install or download glitch. If the files weren't present it the mod I'm sure we would have heard a lot about it. My suggestion would be to re-download and re-install 5.0.x and see if that fixes it.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That should be missing or bad map files. Blue's suggestion should fix it. Hickory Branch MOD started in Co8 5.0.1 MOD.

6. aehchua

aehchua Member

The item that allows you to start hickory branch. I've reinstalled 5.02, deleted my pycs and I'm trying again.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ krunch, I think s/he's talking about the Parchment of Challenge. ;)

@ aehchua, or are you talking about a Peice of Crap? :blink:

8. aehchua

aehchua Member

Allyx, I was deliberately being ambiguous, because folks wanted to PM about the PoC rather than discuss it on the forum. I tried to give enough information on the item (brings you to Hickory Branch) without revealing what the item was. Anything I revealed (this is an item, it brings you to hickory branch) had already been previously discussed. The only new information was that the item title had PoC in it :p

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I never considered anyone calling it PoC.

I did a new install using Co8 5.0.0 MOD and applied the Co8 5.0.2 MOD without applying the Co8 5.0.1 MOD.
    1. The game map screens are okay, no problems, and reinstalling--I suggest you download a new copy of the update--should fix your problem.
    2. There is nothing wrong with the map item being used. It works in Co8 5.0.1 MOD and Co8 5.0.2 MOD.
    3. no problems

[EDIT]
    I will have some changes for Hickory Branch MOD. Kalshane is providing some new input, too. I'll provide the changes all in one package...in two weekends, kind of soon.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  10. Allyx

Nevermind, I've done it myself :p

Get the HB townmap here.
    The other missing townmaps (the crypt and ted's one for the moathouse respawn is causing me considerably more trouble so they aren't ready yet :()

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Thanks for doing the mini-maps, Allyx. I received some info from Kalshane and have some new changes in mind, so there is some modding I need to do this weekend. Expect an update late this weekend with changes to the Hickory Branch MOD.
    *smirk* :evil_laug

So, the next time you play Hickory Branch MOD, be ready for your party to experience some more :chairshot and some more :chainsaw: of the good stuff.

12. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

Krunch, is there a console command to obtain the item that Mona is supposed to give you?

13. Allyx

@ Aeroldoth, are you using the 5.0.2 CMF? If so, she no longer gives you any items, instead she marks HB on your worldmap. (click on the town name as there isn't an icon in game for HB)

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This is weird Axl, but I just went to HB last night for the first time. Using most recent CMF 5.0.2 and deleted .pyc files. When I t/t Mona, she gave me the parchment. I 'used' it and opened the map. HB did not subsequently appear in the list on the world map. Suspecting something was awry, I DLed and installed your and Blue's world mapper thing from it's own post in the CMF thread. Then, after I 'used' the parchment again, HB appeared in the world map list.

Could it be the world map modification isn't fully integrated into CMF 5.0.2? I noticed when I was overwriting from the separate world map mod download that most of the files being overwritten were older than those I was installing.

[edit]

BTW Krunch, so far the mod seems to be quite well done. Good job! :clap:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I went through the files again Gaear. I even downloaded NWP and the last 5.0.2 and compared them. All the files are the identical. Mona's dialog file in 5.0.2 and NWP doesn't have any code to give you the PoC. My guess is your download or install got botched somehow.

Our Host!