Shin's File - almost perfect, but ...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by djac, Nov 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. djac

djac Member

Hi Shin

a few things I found when using your file fix:

1 - Scorrp still picks up things like tribal necklaces, GBZNY Scarabs, Temple Rings, etc.

2 - Scorrp still comes with 2 magic scrolls that he wont give away, they are unidentified, and you cant use them.

Thanks for a great fix! Maybe in the next one you can also flag the items of the npc's that they *start with* as tradeable/droppable. As it is, I need to kill them, remove their items, then resurrect them. Pain in the butt.

Thanks

2. Shin

Shin Established Member

I hope I'll say this for the last time. :)

1) The fact that NPCs pick non magic gems, jewels and rings are WANTED feature. Since they don't weight and they are as *valuable* as coins, I decided to let them loot them, the *real* trouble we've faced ever since is that the official patch won't let NPCs sell these out... I hope someone will find out how to re-enable the NPC selling script.

2) I hope I'll one day make dialogue options so that NPCs give away their junk or particular items to PC. This will hopely *fix* the dumbness like Meleny always keeping her rusty dagger and others like the one you just mentionned.

Thank you for enjoying. :)

3. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Wow I am such a dork for not uploading your file. Tell me when it's done and I will. I had some issues with FlashFXP, decided to play KOTOR, got hooked on it, and forgot afor awhile - until after I checked my email.

Whoops, heh.

Looking forward to the final.

4. OddHat

OddHat Member

First, many thanks for the mod; I wasn't using NPCs specifically because I couldn't stand how poorly implemented looting was. However, Meleny is still sometimes looting magic scrolls (only saw it when looting Hedrack, but I may not have had her at other times when finding scrolls). I wouldn't mind if NPCs were only looting scrolls they could use (Druid for Meleny), but she is now hanging on like grim death to cleric scrolls she will never be able to cast.

Anyway, much improved otherwise; at least she's not paralyzed from trying to tote around a dozen suits of armor. ;)

5. Satanic_Hamster

Satanic_Hamster Member

Shin, a few things.

The problem with NPC's grabbing up so many small items is that means you can't / have a hard time giving them things (like, say, a new set of armor / a weapon).

Kella, the half-elven druid is still looting magic swords.

Our Host!