Question for Hazelnut and Jesse Heinig

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Oct 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I see you guys have made a lot of new spells and spell-related mods. Have you added spell sounds to these things as well?

I did spell sounds for some of Darmagon's spells and also rearranged some sounds for original spells so that they all had effects, etc., as some of Troika's didn't.

If your new stuff is sound-free, I'd like to take a shot at it if you're not planning to do anything with it yourselves. If you already took care of sfx, no harm-no foul!

Thanks.

2. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

I never even thought about adding sounds to my spells Gaear... and as I did most of my testing without my headphones on I wouldn't have noticed a lack. ;)

You are most welcome to add sounds to my spells, although I'd like it if you could tell me what kind of sounds you're thinking of. (i.e. no lightsabre whooshes. :p hehe )

As for Jesse's spells - he doesn't seem to have been active recently, and I'm still waiting for him to reply to a PM I sent a few weeks ago - so dunno if you'll get an answer from him. I hope he does become active again, he did a lot more spells than I've done, and some very cool ones to boot!

3. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

I think the summon spells lvl 6+ are missing sounds, too. If you need some more work, Gaear. :)

4. Gaear

OK. Can you guys tell me which are yours, specifically? I won't fiddle with Jesse's absent his consent, unless he takes a perma-powder here.

If I read the new mods and fixes thread correctly, all your stuff has made it into the 5.0.X update, right?

Hazelnut - if you want to hear what I did with darmagon's spells, check out Delayed Blast Fireball, Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Miracle, Prismatic Spray, Tenser's Transformation, Weird . . . with your headphones on. ;) However, late in the game with his stuff, I discovered that Troika actually has a bunch of unused spell sounds lying around in the DATs, presumably for spells that were never implemented in the game. I reassigned some of these sounds already for other duty, but I'll likely just find suitable ones from this reserve for your stuff as well. It's easier, and you know the quality will be good. And don't worry, I won't foolishly assign inappropriate sounds to spells.

As you may already know, the reason I do this is because lack of sound for various game elements bugs me. IMO it makes everything seem sort of unfinished, which this game essentially was as released by Troika.

5. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

I've never done any formal sound engineering, so I didn't add any special sound effects to my spells. Feel free to make some if you like.

6. Gaear

Thanks - and stick around, Jesse! :thumbsup:

7. Gaear

Ouch - is it so that we don't yet have scrolls for these new spells? Can't seem to find any in description.mes.

Also, Hazelnut - did you ever complete Mass Suggestion, or are Eyebite and Mass Charm Monster your only spells? Can't find any others.

I think I've IDed Jesse's 14 spells from his readme and I'm working on all this stuff now. Who did the Summon Monster & Nature's Ally VI - IX anyway?

8. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Nerik did the summoning spells. IIRC he told me he wouldn't be around anymore.

I believe neither Hazelnut or Jesse made scrolls for the new spells.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  9. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Well, not so much 'wouldn't be around' as 'has been a bit busy the last few months' (and was a bit ill last month as well). I repeat that the summoning spells were mostly Allyx and Darmagon, and, IIRC, Cerulean was involved as well, I think - I just did protos entries and, where required, new textures for the models.

I'm still interested in helping out if I can find the time, and there is something I can help with (I've still not yet got the Kyton to work properly).

I'm very impressed with the work that has been done on both the DLL and the 3D model format!

Charles

10. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

That's right. I never got mass suggestion to the point I was happy with the behavour, and then Kalshane pointed out that Troika's implementation was a bit
    overpowered for the rules anyway IIRC - so I've kinda stopped on it.

I've not done any scrolls for my spells - I take it that means that scribing a scroll of the spell will fail then?

11. Gaear

Not sure about that; I mainly wanted them (the scrolls) to console in for easy testing.

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes, the spells would need scrolls added to the protos.tab, and item_creation.mes entries added to make them available for scribing.

13. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

I could probably do that sometime within the next two weeks, just so long as I know whether any item #s are being reserved by other content creators for other mods (additions to Hickory Branch, etc.).

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There's plenty of space between 9700 and 9998 for new scrolls dude, if you need any help, send me a PM or catch me in the IRC room.

15. Gaear

@Jesse -

I can't seem to find your 7th level cleric spells Blasphemy and Holy Word. (I think they're 7th level cleric spells, anyway.) I've got a cleric levelled to 20, but those spells don't appear in the 7th level spell list, white or gray. Using CF 5.0.2 and DLL fix 15. Any clues?

Our Host!