Tips for evil party entering Temple w/ Co8?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aeroldoth, Oct 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

There are many walkthroughs for evil parties in the Temple proper. But I don't know of any walkthroughs regarding additions that the Co8 mod has added. Has the Co8 mod added anything in the Temple for evil parties (and I mean the Temple, not the game)?

I was wondering if anyone could share some not-too-spoilerish tips on how best to enjoy all there is. Something like, "make sure you do all the earth quests before talking to Oohlgrist," or, "Alrrem has some new dialogue if you have a female Face." A heads up for something one might otherwise miss, without too much detail.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The only thing I can think of that the Co8 has added to the temple (apart from fixes that don't actually alter the content) is a fix for one of Romag's quests (the 2nd one) which was uncompletable if you'd already killed Skole in Nulb. IIRC If you have killed Skole and get the 2nd earth temple quest you should be able to tell Romag of Skoles death which bothches the quest and triggers a different quest to replace it, once this new quest is completed you should be offered the 3rd earth temple quest as normal.

Zebedee should be able to provide more info as this was one of his fixes, I myself rarely do any of the temple quests.

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I don't think Romag's quest is tied to Skole - IIRC, it is Wat in the inn that the letter goes to.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

It's not really an addition. It used to be that Romag gave you a second quest but you got no credit for it if the letter wasn't delivered. I just turned it into a proper quest in your log and botched the letter thing. Nothing new, just smoke and mirrors.

5. Aeroldoth

I appreciate the closure on that Zebedee. Rentsch was dead and my journal has a botched entry for not delivering the letter. Thanks.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

You're right about evil parties btw. I've got something planned and sketched out but it's not going to be released for a loooooooong time. Primarily because it isn't even started yet :sadblinky

Can't think of any specific additions to the Temple for evil parties right now. Not many additions for evil parties full stop. Probably cos most modders don't play evil parties by choice?

7. Aeroldoth

Then Fie I say on non-evil playing modders!

8. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

speaking of the temple, I was wondering WHY I could talk to Romag in the Earth temple, get the first mission from him (with a Paladin), but then, as soon as the text box disappears he attacks me, with his juggernaut. I really regret having to kill him, I wanted to have fun being evil with a paladin.

9. Loex the Dark

Loex the Dark Member

Why doesnt Evil get the love?? Cmon now, evil needs a nice spike-riddled hug once in a while too ya know:hahano:

Our Host!