Brothel Quest Bug - is there an easy fix?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sir_Kalthorine, Nov 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sir_Kalthorine

Sir_Kalthorine Member

I did make this observation in one of the "unfixed problems"-type threads but it got buried quite quickly without being noticed, so I hope people don't mind my repeating it here:

After installing version 2.0.0 of the patch I tried to do the brothel quests, but I didn't have 500 gold in order to get Riana released. I went back a little later with over 50 plat to my name but still only got "I will have to come back later with the money" as a possible response to Madam Ophelia when I told her I wanted to talk about Riana. I thought this might be because - despite having over 50 plat - I was only actually carrying 45 gold pieces, and maybe the game was only checking gold rather than total value of gold + plat. So I carried on adventuring until I had 503 actual gold pieces in my possession, returned to Madam Ophelia... and got the exact same response (i.e. the only response choice indicating that I still didn't have enough money when I clearly had).

So:

1) Is this a known bug?

2) Are there plans already afoot to fix it?

4) What happened to number 3?

5) Is there an easy fix/workaround I can use to remedy the situation for my current game?

3) Oh, there it is...

2. Sir_Kalthorine

Sir_Kalthorine Member

107 views and no suggestions or ideas?

Looks like I might have uncovered a real stinker of a problem then eh? ;)

3. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

are you talking about buying Selena?

I bought her no problem
    easy cakes.

4. Sir_Kalthorine

Sir_Kalthorine Member

Umm... no that isn't what I mean at all. I don't mean to sound rude here but I suggest you read my first post again, as I thought I was being pretty clear about what I meant!

5. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

so there is a quest actually IN the brothel?
    i never got a quest in there, all of my party members could never get any dialouge from the madam down stairs to be with the hookers just "i'm sooo offended!" etc.

6. Tach Deneva

Tach Deneva Member

I had the same thing happen. Never could get any other response with Ophelia - BUT - I went back and talked to Riana and she seemed to think that I'd paid the money. I didn't think to check if the money was actually deducted. I also got the option to ask her to join, which I did. Actually, this makes the 2nd party I've had her in - but I don't remember her being part of the brothel quests the first time around (pre-patch with the Co8 1.10 (?) fix); seems like the lesbian was the only one Ophelia mentioned at that time.

Anyway, Riana is a good NPC thief, even though the rolls history window often refers to her as 'Whore'.

TD

7. Sir_Kalthorine

Sir_Kalthorine Member

Re: Re: Brothel Quest Bug - is there an easy fix?

Thanks for the tip... another excuse to visit the House of Ill Repute (no, not the one on Capital Hill ;) ) to see what happens.

Kinda puts a whole new slant on the term "rolls history" eh? :blush:

8. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I know they never finished one of the ladies in the place at all maybe riana is the one? I had her run off on me because something I said... I would look into it but I've been so busy lately...

9. cordas

cordas Member

To get into the brothel you need to have the patch enabled Co8.(obviously)

I managed to get into it before freeing serna, all i did was ask about the building behind her, she told me I didn't want to go in cos it was a brothel, but I replied something about just wanting to look at the pictures and in I went :).

Not sure about the freeing serna problem, I had helped grud ( ? ) by killing the croc 1st, (prob the most fun fight so far esp as I tripped the frogs, the lizrd men and the croc all in the same combat, by trying to run my mage to safety. but lots of goodies for it :) ) but anyway grud improved my rep, I dunno if that helped or not.

About the brothel was it you guys (Co8) who put in the beastiality and S&M stuff or was that originaly from Trokia? The only charcter who seems to trigger these options is my theif.

10. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

The best person to answer these questions is the one who actually wrote/filled in the Brothel dialogue. It's possible for another to examine pre patch dialogue and post Co8 patch dialogue to see what was filled in but it will take time.

I hope the relevant person can step forward and clear up any doubts regarding it.

11. Bob the Elf

Bob the Elf Member

Actually that stuff was already in (checked the original files). a quote I like but never got in the game: {96}{Me not pay that, but me give you 100 gold and 12 inches!}

12. Anton5

Anton5 Member

Back to the original question. I did get a dialog option to trade Meleny for Riana. That was a little cold even for me, but it works. I wonder if that fulfills your promise "treat her like she deserves".

13. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

There are more problems than that with the Brothel Quests.

It seems that sometimes the Mickey/brothel quest will stay at "mentioned" even though you went through the appropriate dialog paths with Ophelia.

Also, in my game, I got the quest for the lesbian prostitute, but after I finished it I couldn't get Riana's quest for some odd reason.

Our Host!