Hickory Branch MOD (new)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by krunch, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Let that serve as a warning to any who would Rundor these forums. The wrath of krunch be upon you!

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Finally got to do Hickory Branch and it played really well. Lot's of cool stuff, It brought back memories of 25 years ago, when we use to slug it out with orcs and gnolls. Great job. I really enjoyed this one.

3. aehchua

aehchua Member

What's the console command to teleport to this? I talked to Mona and asked for adventure. She said "Let it be so" (or something like it) and nothing happened.

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Check your inventory - there should be something there that wasn't before...:paper:

5. aehchua

aehchua Member

Ok. I went to the gnarley wood, killed 5 drow and got Cujo's weapon. I know there's more to the mod than this.

Note that I'm playing 5.0.0.

Cecil Chua

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Wrong mod. That bit of the Gnarley Wood is part of the Moathouse respawn. Hickory Branch is accessed by asking Mona in Nulb for a challenging adventure. She will then give you something that will take you there.

7. erkper

aehchua,

Sent you a PM while CtB was posting, says basically the same thing Blue does, in a bit more detail. (Didn't think Krunch would like too much spoiling on the board.)

8. aehchua

aehchua Member

Never got the PM (personal message?). aehchua@ntu.edu.sg. Don't know what Mona was supposed to give. Was it salable? Note that character #1's inventory was full when I talked to Mona.

Cecil Chua

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

look at the top right corner of the page (any one in the forum) it'll say something like...

Welcome, aehchua.
    You last visited: sometime Ago at whatever it was
    Private Messages: Unread 1, Total 1.

10. erkper

If the character who was talking to Mona did not have any inventory space, that might be the problem. I'm not sure how TOEE handles that situation. The item she gives probably is not salable (should be value 0.)

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

(1) You messed up if the character's inventory was full. Go to a previous save and make sure you have one inventory slot open.

(2) No, it is not an item for sale. It is not in her pack. It's not like she has the map in a pocket, sack, or bag and is looking for someone to give it to who could be worthy. Mona never has the item, herself. Mona is just a messenger who tells fortunes. Go back and read the dialogue when you are ready to select and click an option. And, when you select "I look for challenging adventure!", read the response - the words she utters and speaks. It is as if someone your characters could not see or hear had told her something in her mind and, then, she speaks. The map is a "gift" for helping Mona per the option you selected and asked for challenging adventure.
    * Be careful of what you ask for in life because you might get more than you can handle. After all, to receive the option you are "asking for it". heh *smirk*

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  12. aehchua

aehchua Member

Another way I could handle it is to just give nnnn to a character. I can't go back to a save. I've long ago overwritten any save game there- I've just killed Hendrick, and the temple proper has been depopulated save for one merchant, Wonnilon, and the post-Hendrick fungi/oozes.

I assume the item is called a map? I was poking through description.mes, but couldn't find the word hickory. I'll look for "map."

Yes, I know hickory branch will now be boring, since I can just disintegrate the bad guys, but I just want to see it.

13. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Good mod, Krunch. I enjoyed playing through it. Thanks. :)

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Just don't post spoilers. Have fun and enjoy.

15. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Hey, krunch. I've noticed some rules-related issues with some of your monsters. Things like feats, skillpoints and CRs. Would you like me to compile a list for you?

That said, you weren't kidding about it being challenging. It managed a couple of TPKs (in two different fights) before I decided to level up some more. I'll try tackling it again later.

Our Host!