JADE editor issues

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Crichton, Nov 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Crichton

Crichton Member

having written some new dialog for the temple priests, I downloaded JADE and tried to edit the .dlg files and all hell's breaking loose. The latest version of jade won't work at all, it gives me some error about a zombie and refuses to open Toee3.dat, the older version allows me to open the files, but a get an error message every time I do. Does anyone know where I can find a straight unadultrated .dat extractor like arcanundat was back in the day?

2. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

same here

my guess is that when Troika patched the game they corrected a lot of punctuation in spell/obects so i bet that JaDE used the old, incorrect handles (monster,zombie) instead of whatever troika renamed it (monster_zombie perhaps?) anyway the authors of jade will have to fix that one

3. Joviex

Joviex Member

YAR! I actually haven't even thought about updating JADE since basically not a lot of people really mod around here :)

Chalk it up to deadware. The game engine is modable, but not so much as I first thought would be possible, thus my interest went back to the day job, making movies.

If anyone is compentent enough to use C# I would gladly help them along in getting it back to a viable tool.

Our Host!