Spell casting dll fix (TEST ME)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Spellslinger, Aug 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The Gloves of Dexterity are intended for people with no metal armor. Example: the gloves from the behemoth frog(elf) are +2. Fighter with platemail with dex bonus +2 gets no benefit to AC. The gloves are most useful to rogues,druids, wizards, etc with no metal armor. I've never seen it when they don't show in the inventory.

2. mos

mos Member

Or for plate mail wearers with only a 10 or 11 dex....

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

For every +2 of dexterity you get +1 to AC. Chainmail has a max of +2 and platemail +1. Any increase in AC is good, but non-metal wearing types benefit the most. Gloves and Bracers,and rings are a big help for wizards and rogues with low ac's.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Wandering back toward the topic...

Spellweaver, I have now got my party to lvl 7 using .dll 10 with a bard, a sorcerer and a wizard/sorcerer (albeit she has been resurrected more times than a MASH re-run) and no bugs so far :clap: Also opening the Inn book periodically, no CTDs there - tried in the Nulb inn last night for something different and it was all good.

5. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

That sounds good. Because if there were any bugs, they would have to be thoroughly exterminated. As thoroughly as... hmm... e.g. people that always get the names wrong!

/me starts clobbering Ted with a "Spellslinger" sign :D

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Good job, Spellslayer! :grin:

7. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Hey, I though it was Spellwringer.... :p

It's fantastic to have these fixes in there, so yeah - great job.

(although your fixes do make fighting the temple bugbears easier since they're potion happy, so with two 10' reach weapons in the party... lots of AoO's! Maybe the AI could be tweaked on them)

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Excellent... :evilgrin:

Seriously, great work dude, Moebius would be proud :clap:

9. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

Yeah, yeah... hey, aren't you that Moebius dude?! :p :p

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, he did the Arena of German Heroes Translation DLL hack back in the day. ;)

Late to the party I know, but this stuff all sounds great, Spellcatcher. I know of a little bug list over at the Atari forums if your still looking for stuff to do . . .

[edit] D'oh, hadn't even seen the further updates when I posted above.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  11. Puncheron

Puncheron Manic Jester

I have a dual classed sorcerer/bard who is unable to cast her full allotment of spells. I understand that Spellslinger's contribution to the modpack should address this "out of available spells" problem.

I recently downloaded the game from gog.com; modpack 6.0 NC is the only version I've used.

TOEE, the CO8 modpack 6.0 NC and TFE-X are all in C:/program files/GOG.com/Temple of Elemental Evil.

I see that Spellslinger suggested that his file should be located in the modules folder. ( http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3841 ) Not sure if this has any bearing on the issue at hand... I trust that the 6.0 modpack unpacked itself to the right place.

I've really been enjoying the game and the CO8 teams' contributions. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
Our Host!