The Hickory Branch MOD has arrived

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by krunch, Aug 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The mod was probably installed improperly.

When you installed the Co8 5.0.0 MOD, did you select [click the checkbox] to install ToEE Front End? (yes/no)
    * Refer to the 1st checkbox option in the attached picture shown below.

[EDIT] picture removed, no longer needed

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  2. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

yes i have front end but i don't think I installed it then, I think I did it afterwards. Zebedee walked me through the whole thing, so I don't know where I could've gone wrong

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

okay...resolved -=- was missing files

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Hickory Branch MOD

Download and install (Co8 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread).
    * For the above, look on the linked page for "You can download the Cumulative Mods and Fixes here." and click the word here on the linked page.

Note: at this time - suggest either apply my mod update and re-start my new mod OR wait 'til after my mod is played to apply my new update.

Remember: Co8 5.0.0 MOD + apply Co8 5.0.1 fixes update

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  5. mos

mos Member

I have found a bug, but I'm also using the first release of Hickory Branch (I had already started the quest by the time you released your updates), so this may have already been fixed.

I found a magic double axe, but the game isn't letting me identify it (not through spells or vendors). I'm mostly curious as to what it is supposed to be.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

that's been fixed already

I modded [completely re-did] the weapon ... that weapon now has real eye-candy for when that NPC swings and scores a hit on u [*poof* and a cloud with sparkles]

like I said ... suggest apply new update and re-start my new mod ... not to give nething away ... he hits harder now too :D

7. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Thanks again. I am not even going to try to install the update :D i am perfectly happy with the one I have.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

My Hickory Branch MOD with its latest updates are available by applying the Co8 5.0.1 MOD updates to your install of Co8 5.0.0 MOD.
    * Added to Cumulative Fixes 01-09-06 6:30 GMT

PS: Read post # 1 in this thread for information, some of the new release notes and links for downloads.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  9. Ettor

Ettor Member

Little question
    Playing you updated mod I found a problem. In third temple level the electric trap seems now impossible to desable. Is this a bug or not?

A little observation: with your mod ( and other quest -mods) the game seems very good in middle levels: It is still a little weak in last parts where the effects of a too early relase remains and when you have a party over the 10th they are more evident. The fouth level si almost desert.

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

My mod is the Hickory Branch MOD. I have not modded anything in the temple. My mod is included in the 5.0.1 updates.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

(1) There are several rooms on the 4th level and they, mostly, all have encounters in them.

(2) The [electric] trap [with the eye-candy and sparkles] on the 4th level works just fine, that is the trap you have to disarm to continue on the 4th level works just fine. Let me add, it is a tough [extreme] trap to disarm. There are a couple of tricks to aide you in disarming it if you cannot disarm it as you would normally disarm a trap. If you are clever [or search the forums here] you can find them out. This trap was added a long time ago by a modder who has since left Co8 a long time ago.

(3) The back half of the 3rd level tends to have empty rooms and has always been that way, it is even that way in original pNp module of the ToEE game.

[EDIT] Any other questions?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
Our Host!