Verbobonc?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mesepp

Mesepp Member

@Allyx, maybe a script when Thrommel meets the viscount or other important personage could kick in to make him leave:

Viscount: "Don't you have more important things to be doing young prince?" or something like that

(Thrommel thanks party and runs off)

It's not a big deal, I doubt many people will be taking him to Verbobonc with the relative difficulties of reaching it. It is nice to be thorough, but it would not be worth putting in so much time and work IMHO if an easy solution isn’t available.

PS- in any case, great work!

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Glad you liked it, perhaps if some other modder would like to pick up where I left off? There is plenty of room for expansion.

I have discussed possible additions to the Verbo-mod with Rufnredde, the Cleric of Hextor being just one example of an area in need of expansion, others may include NPC interaction with the Viscount himself, people like Elmo, Otis, Mother Screng and Murfles, and perhaps even the Prince, It'd be nice for those NPC's to say a word or 2 to thier employer, and a voice for the Viscount couldn't hurt either :)

3. Red_Rogue

Red_Rogue Padawan

I just wanted to start out with a BIG TY to Co8 and anyone who help with this mod!! Kudo's!

Here's my issue; I started with the Beta and when I got to Verbonbonc there were street merchants. Now (after a complete uninstall/reinstall of ToEE, patch 2 and 5.0.0 Final FE) I just got to Verb via saucey prisonerette on 1 level she says bye and (bob's not ur uncle) no merchants, so I rest for 8 hrs, 1 day even 2 days, speak to the royle's and still no street merchants by the travel agent)

Did I miss a thread dealling with this? Did they get moved/removed in the final?

Thanks,

Sleepless in Verbobonc

EDIT:OK the lightbuld just went off---will I see the merchants after I rescue the merchants that take you to Verbobonc on the next level? I'll find out in the morning...can't ...keep eyes...o... :zzz:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You've got it Red_Rogue. The merchants you rescue are indeed the street merchants in Verbobonc. You won't see them there until you rescue them.

5. Red_Rogue

Red_Rogue Padawan

Thanks Blue! That's the piece-o-mind I was looking for. Fantastic job btw (on thed mod) Thanks to you and the rest o the 8!

6. Boozenbar

Boozenbar Member

I just finished Verbobonc yesterday and it was awesome! I hope I can get back after I save the merchants though......

7. Red_Rogue

Red_Rogue Padawan

You can go back as you save the merchants, I just saved the weapons merch and got back to Verbobonc a second time and that leaves the armor merch and one other I believe..

8. Allyx

Enilno has pointed out to me a few bugs in Verbobonc (quite a few actually) and in an attempt to be helpful, I've fixed a few problems (hopefully). I'm not in a position to test at the moment as I don't even have a non 5.0.0-beta save at the moment, but I'll post a few fixes here anyway.

Install notes; un-rar and pop the file into your data folder.

[EDIT] Attached files removed as they appear a few posts down, with aditional fixes.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  9. bigron

bigron Member

Allyx,
    Ran into a problem with Turok not leaving the party after he takes us to verbonic. His character disappears but his portrait still takes up a space. I get the blue ring on screen when I highlight the portrait but I cant tell him to leave. Turok still levels up with the party. Tt's very odd.:suprised:

P.S.
    I do have an earlyer save to try out the fixes you posted.

10. Allyx

Hmm, they didn't dismiss themselves from the group properly before running off, I've included a fix in the file below.

If you D/L'ed the fixes above, try these ones instead, theres a propper container for Ariel with a bunch of scrolls inside (not tested in game, but I dont forsee any problems) for those of you encountering problems with this merchant.

Just drop this in your ToEE folder (not the data folder this time), and post any feedback you can.

Attached Files:

11. Cerulean the Blue

Hey Allyx! You want that container to respawn it's inventory before I put your fixes into 5.0.1?

12. Allyx

Yeah, thanks Blue. I still haven't looked at that fancy script of yours BTW. ;)

13. Allyx

Turns out some of those dialogues weren't quite right. So I've given it another go. I had to use another global flag (987) I hope no-one else is using this one, I've also included the other files from the post above for those that want to try these fixes.

Attached Files:

14. Allyx

OK, I'll try again, this should all be working right now, I also gave prince Zook and the Viscount the same factions, so they don't attack eachother, and fixed Elysia and prince Zook's dialogues again <sigh>

Attached Files:

15. Cerulean the Blue

All these fixes, plus shop inventory respawning for the two shopkeepers in the Bazaar of the Bizarre have been added to the 5.0.1 Cumulative Mods and Fixes.

Our Host!