5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by rufnredde, Jul 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread

Merchant Shop Inventory Refresh Fix

Many of you knew this was being worked on. It is finally done, though I suppose more testing is in order. One set of eyes can never catch everything.

This fixes the problem of certain merchants never having their shop inventory refresh. The merchants this fix fixes are:

Burne
    The Tailor in Hommlet
    The Leather worker in Hommlet
    Bing (can only barter with him after he is healed)
    The Cabinetmaker in Hommlet (now with masterwork wooden items after a quest)
    Skole in Nulb
    Ah Fong in Nulb
    The owner of the Bazaar of the Bizarre in Verbobonc

If I missed any, let me know and I will add them.

The fix for the Cabinetmaker contains many dialog changes and new dialog.

Also included is a fix for the Blacksmith so that his inventory will refresh 24 hours after giving him the giants head, whether or not you bought anything from him or talk to him in the intervening time.

Another inclusion is a nifty little batch file written by rufnredde called delete_pyc.cmd. It will be placed in your scr folder. Double clicking on it will delete all the .pyc file (and only the .pyc files) in your scr directory. Since you should always delete all the .pyc files in your scr directory after installing a CF, this batch file is really handy. Thanks, ruf.

Here are the files. Install in the standard way.

[EDIT] THERE WAS SOME MISSING ENTRIES IN THE PROTOS. PLEASE REDOWNLOAD.

Also, I made some changes so that various written items I created will now display in a pop-up window rather than a dialog box.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 03-08-06 6:27

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  2. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

This adds brigand-style (black) masterwork leather armor to Bing's shop inventory.
    The description/protos ID# is 6305

Added to Cumulative Fixes 03-08-06 6:27

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This fix is for Terjon to grant atonement to paladins over level 10. Sadly the voiced files specifying the exact amount of gold have not been included as they are well beyond my capacity to mod.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 17-08-06 5:03

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2006
  4. Cerulean the Blue

Mass Inflict Spells

This mod includes the mass versions of Inflict Moderate Wounds, Inflict Serious Wounds, Inflict Critical Wounds, and a change to Inflict Light Wounds, Mass (which was already in the game, under the name Circle of Doom in some files). I'll leave it to Spellslinger to effect the spontaneous casting of these.

Attached Files:

5. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

Changes the cutlass to be considered a short sword by the game engine, because that is the closest weapon-type according to the 3.5e rules.

Alterations include:
    small sized, weighs 3lbs, costs 15GP, does slashing damage, considered a shortsword, critical threat range of 19-20

Also changed the rusty and masterwork versions(with appropriate prices), and Bertram, the only character who has Weapon Focus or Finesse relating to the cutlass.

Attached Files:

6. Cerulean the Blue

It was recently pointed out that stacked jewelry (i.e. quantities greater than one) put into the Extraplanar Chest were reduced to a quantity of one when the chest was recalled. Here is the fix.

Attached Files:

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Quick fix for a silly mistake in tower sentinel .py. Put it into your data/scr folder and then clear your .pyc files.

Attached Files:

8. Cerulean the Blue

Cujo asked me to post this here. It has his new Robes and Helm of Midnight, plus a sickle that now looks like a sickle, and a change to the look of the kobold sergeant.

Cujo's New Robes

9. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

One word dialogue fix for Lila's intro to the Desperate Housewives quest. She calls Paida "the teamster's wife" Changed it to "the wainwright's wife".

Attached Files:

10. Cerulean the Blue

Some fixes for bugs I have found from examining the Debug Output. Some of these deal with bugs in the Portrait and Voice packs. Using these fixes without the P&V Packs should not cause a problem, but if you do use the P&V Packs, these fixes should be applied after installing it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  11. Cerulean the Blue

As promised, I'm posting the .dll hacks that Spellslinger has so graciously done for us in this thread.

These have yet to be fully tested. It seems the only way to get a lot of people to test and report on these things is to through them in a mainstream mod and let people have at them. They are tested enough to ensure that the game actually loads and that they fix what they are supposed to fix. They may introduce other bugs, but the only way we will see that is if people play them.

Here is what they fix:

Spontaneous Casting for Druids and Good Clerics above 5th level spells should now work correctly. The Mass Inflict spells for Evil Clerics have been posted, but they are not yet implemented in the .dll. All spontaneous casting of spells above 5th level for Evil Clerics is Mass Inflict Light Wounds for now.

NPCs outside the party will now incur an Attack of Opportunity (AoO) just like party members do when drinking potions. This particular fix may make it necessary to revamp many of the strategies for NPCs so that they will at least try to take themselves out of range before drinking a potion, but this has not been done yet.

The problem with feats for a Rogue leveling up to levels above 12 should be fixed.

You can download the Spellslinger's .dll hacks here.

To install, extract the files to a dummy folder, then copy the temple.dll to your modules\Co9-5.0.0 folder. If you have the latest CM (5.0.1 Cumulative Mods) installed, you do not need the spell_enum.mes file. If you do not have the latest CM installed, then copy spell_enum.mes to your data\rules folder.

[EDIT] Spellslinger has provided a new temple.dll that has the spontaneous casting fixed for evil clerics. You need the latest CM to use it. You can download it here.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 20-08-06 12:43

12. Cerulean the Blue

Here is a trial fix for traps in the game.

Currently, if you fail to disarm a trap the rolls window says you get experience for it, but you don't. This was done to prevent gaining experience by repeatedly attempting and failing to disarm the same trap (you should only get experience for it once) since traps re-armed themselves. This fix stops traps from re-arming, so now they will only go off once.

As usual, unzip the file to your ToEE root directory when 5.0.0 is the last module started with Front End, and delete the .pyc files in your data\scr folder.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 20-08-06 12:43

Attached Files:

13. Cerulean the Blue

There was an error in description.mes of the CM updated 18-08-06. It is fixed now. Please re-download.

14. Cerulean the Blue

Found a bug in Rannos Davl's dialog that was interfering with the escape. Fixed said bug.

Added to Cumulative Fixes 27-08-06 20:43

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  15. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

Re: Power Words!

(This was also posted in the stickied 5.0.1 modifications thread above, but here it is in case you missed it.)

Here are the three famous Power Word spells!

To test these, place them as follows:

- All of the .py files go into your data/scr folder. BE SURE TO DELETE YOUR OLD .PYC FILES!
    - All of the .txt files go into your data/rules/spells folder.
    - The .mes file goes into your data/mes folder.

After you start a new game, this should add Power Word Blind, Power Word Stun, and Power Word Kill at the 7th, 8th, and 9th level Sorcerer/Wizard spell lists, respectively.

These Power Words function according to the 3.5e SRD, meaning that they are all Enchantment (Compulsion), Mind-Affecting spells. Power Word Kill is a Death effect. Each spell targets a single creature and has no saving throw, but spell resistance applies.

Internal code notes:
    - The Power Word Blind spell uses the sp-Blindness effect (from the Blindness spell), and it uses that spell's type checking, so it doesn't display a graphic if the subject is immune to blindness (such as an ooze).
    - The Power Word Stun spell uses the sp-Sound Burst effect to create stun. Allyx's version of the spell used Daze, but Daze and Stun have different rules; Daze makes you lose a turn, but Stun throws some penalties onto you as well. As a result I opted to go with a spell effect that stuns the target instead of daze.
    - Power Word Kill should just do a straight-up kill on the target.

Note that, unlike earlier editions of D&D, in 3.5e the Power Words do not have an area effect version.

BIG BIG THANKS:
    To Cerulean the Blue, who mentored me through my first spell mod.
    To Allyx, who provided code work on different versions of the Power Word spells, which was invaluable for reference.

Quick update: Apparently the War domain (Cleric) gets the Power Word spells, but this is only listed on the domain's spell list, not on the spell descriptions themselves. Oops! So, I updated the rules files to include the appropriate levels for the War domain. Yep, your clerics of Heironeous can now kill people with impunity.

- Jess.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!