5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

Any chance of getting some "Cursed Items" as in the original game.. it will add a few twists to the game.. However, it would need to be worked out so they can not un-equip it without going back to church... and make it an expensive spell to have done

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

IMO - Remove curse should not be crazy expensive to have cast.

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Re: 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread

Cool on the sickle. Has the kama been changed as well?

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

-> click here

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The kama and sickle should be interchangable, graphics-wise, but there was no mention of the kama, which is why I asked. They're currently using the pick graphic.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

in real life a karma and a sickle look different even tho they were used for the same purpose, some looked similar but even then you could see the difference - and I was going to change the karmas model but forgot... change it to a scaled down sythe my guess was about 44%

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

In my new mod, the Kama is now set to use the Mesh ID of the Scythe and the Kama has an Object Size of 44 percent, per Cujo's request.

Plus, along with Cujo's new midnight gear being in my new mod [given permission by Cujo], Kalshane's Mithril Plate has also been added to be in my new mod [given permission by Kalshane]. Additionally, I have been talking with a modder to verify v3.5 rules compliance for 3 new weapons I have added to be in my new mod.

Note: From the above, "being in my new mod" and "to be in my new mod" means your characters can find these items in my new mod.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  8. Gawain

Gawain Member

Chaotic Good party of four. Arrive at Hommlet, wander over to the woodcutter, go to the Deklo wood, kill the spiders. As the last spider dies, a group of small "lizardmen" appear. Except that above their pictures on the top of the screen they have no names, and in the Rolls window, I see "Gawain hits ", and "misses Gawain" etc. As the last one of these dies, the game crashes. I did this twice, crash both times and no names for the little bouncing lizardmen (kobolds?).

I've Co8 5.00 installed, plus everything in the 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes Thread, plus Spellslinger's Rogue Feat Fix dll.

(apologies if I don't respond to any of your good replies for the next couple of weeks - holiday and all that)

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Kobolds, indeed. Sounds like you've got some other trouble there beyond the scope of my abilities, though.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I'm having some trouble with the spidertower.

partry enters
    party kills spider
    party finds chest
    party opens chest
    party takes loot
    party goes to close chest
    game freezes and CTD

now I'm wondering has someone put in some kind of trigger so something happens when you close the chest - like the rainbow rock encounter, cos its happened to me 5 times with a CE party.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Cujo, I had a similar problem a while ago...

I played one game, got to the temple, got sidetracked modding something and lost interest in that game but kept the saves.

Started another game and had problems like those your describing.

Try clearing the map cache to see if that helps, if not, try deleting any old saved games and clear the map cache.

12. Meddle.

Meddle. shld spk 4 itslf

strange things happen
    - after the broken tower 'cleanup' one of the bodies disappear and leave a pile of loot. not the same body always.
    - tower brigand leader is shown in the journal as a 2hd/2cr creature. guess the xp value is appropriate.

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I'm guessing this would be the body of one of the zombies? Their items drop to the ground IIRC when they get raised to fight again.

14. alban lusitanae

alban lusitanae Warmage of Ravenloft

In the part where the kid makes the presentation of the mod, it says that we longer gain experience for not disarming the trap and triggering it. I know this has something to do with a repeating trap disarm attempt that led to much XP awards, but at least once the XP should be awarded for surviving damage according to CR

In the decklo grove, I rest intentionally several times and sometimes the creatures appear next to me without reaction, even if I move. They only trigger if I attack them

In the same place, I almost had a TPK, with only the wizard surviving, others in the -7 hp range. There were 4 of them. If I go to the map and travel back, they return as well. Who carried them, the wizard? :)

I have no spontaneous casting :( the option is just not there.

I'll report more situations as they appear :)

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well the party is assumed to have horses even though they dont show up in the game at all. so your wizard straped the rest of the party to thier horses, tied the horses to one another in a train and led them back to town to recieve thier rest :).

spontaneous casting for clerics requires you to press and hold the shift key while you go to the spell list in the radial menu. it will show all your spells as what ever the spontaneous spell for your class/alignment is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!