Desperate houseewifes help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kneller1, Jul 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

2. Huurk

Huurk Member

I killed the spiders in the basement, then went back up and talked to the wench. She told me to kill the rat king upstairs, but I've been upstairs several times and searched every square inch, and I can't seem to find a rat of any kind.

Does the rat show up at random times or certain times of the day or what?

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here's a hint. -> Rats dislike light; rats prefer darkness.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

More to the point, she specifically says that he comes out after dark.

5. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

Typical, more to the point, stereotypical. I've had many pet rats, and while they do prefer night over day, they are also attracted by any type of noticeable activity in their area. Meaning you can, and will, see rats at any time of day i9f you make enough "noise". This is only in reality, though, not ToEE mods.
    EDIT: not that the rats will just come out from hiding to be seen at any time, they're not stupid.

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Especially not the King.

7. Huurk

Huurk Member

Yeah, that's what I thought... I made it a point to go back several times during the night and even rested all night for an hour at a time, and the rat still didn't appear.

Since my last post I went back to the Inn numerous times, day and night, and finally the rat showed up. I don't know why. I'm guessing some other event flag had to occur. I had a similar issue with the sheep poisoner not showing up until the 3rd time I went back to Black Jay's fields at night.

8. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Pyromancer

Two things that I've found about this sort of thing.

If a mob or event happens "at night", it doesn't mean that if you rest until "Evening", that they'll show up.

They might only show up at 7 or 8 p.m, or even later.

Second, and more important, you can't just go to a place (say, Black Jay's fields), and wait for the time to pass. Try leaving the map (go inside Jay's house, for example), and coming back.

Sometimes the mob's presence or location seems to only be triggered at initial map load.

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

It's the map thing. Jay stands around outside with you until it's dark & you go into his home. Then, he goes in with you & you can go back outside & find the poisoner. Same sort of a deal when awaiting rewards; I usually pass time & then go for a walk (I believe the road matters, too; not certain). I've never not gotten rewards, though. But it's like you've got to change maps to advance the plot.

10. emptybook

emptybook Member

On the other hand, sometimes, things simply do not spawn.:thumbsdow

First time I played Livonya's Mod, I botched Cure for Amii because I could not find the item. I looked hard and thoroughly. I got hints, and sought and failed. Eventually, with much moaning about impossible, pixel-bitch quests, Amii died, and I gave up and carried on with the game.

The next time I played (from scratch), the quest item just appeared, right where it should. It's been there on all subsequent playthroughs.

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You can't use the Cure Amii quests as an example. The item in question always spawns if you are on the right map. If it didn't, you wouldn't get the encounter on the map either.

There are two almost identical maps (as far as I know, I'm the only one who's looked closely enough to be able to tell them apart), the item is only found on one of them, and which map you get out of the eight is randomly determined.

12. emptybook

emptybook Member

Ah, I was unaware that there were two near identical maps. My apologies.

13. jimy_effe

jimy_effe Lawful, at best

Another problem in completing Desperate Housewifes -.- Well, I took all items to Lila, and choose the "sandaj's box" scenario. I searched in every building in Hommlet for her brother (she says "he will stay for a couple of night in tha new building in centre of Hommlet") but i didn't found him. the Walkthrough simply says "Find them" (them?!?). Nothing more.
    Where the heck are this/these brother/s?!?

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You missed a building in your search if you did not find them. If you find the building, they cannot be missed.

15. Boozenbar

Boozenbar Member

Does the flower stand out on the random map because I cannot seem to find it?

Our Host!