favourite music in Toee?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icy edge, Aug 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

i've looked around a bit, but found no thread with this topic... so there it is...
    which is your favourite music in ToEE? which one do you think is most correctly linked to the location/conditions it's given? do you think ToEE is well designed regarding music?
    i for one like the 'temple topside combat' most... it sure gives a special kind of 'rush'... but i don't think it should be limited to the places it's given, because it's (IMO) too cool to be encountered only if you felt like resting in wait for monsters on the outside of the temple/broken tower...
    the hommlet music inspires that location well... a calm little village with mostly good inhabitants... and the scream and sound effects inside the lower levels of the temple give a good idea on the terror and fear waiting in it's shadowy corners too...
    +btw the music in the nodes is pretty appropriate too... just that kind of fear of 'elemental exotic danger'...
    basically then, i think ToEE is very succefully designed in regards of music, both in quality and conditions/places chosen...

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I was playing around with the music about a month ago, and the best music in my opinion is the cave_music.mp3 (sp?) but I don't think it's ever actually played in game, or at least not often. I can't actually say for sure anymore though as I was swapping out the original ToEE sountrack for the Lord of the Rings; Two Towers movie sountrack at the time.

3. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

The nightime crickets have annoed my gf to the point that I can't play with sound anymore unless she isn't home.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I love the hommlet music, don't know why

5. emptybook

emptybook Member

I like the Moathouse_exterior_level, personally. A good, creepy music for your first taste of evil.

6. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

My wife's parakeet goes nuts to the crickets. He starts singing as loud as I've ever heard him be (which is quite loud) and dancing, hopping all over his cage and bobbing his head. I think this means he likes it, could be it annoys him as much as it does your gf.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My favourite has to b the music in the Town Hall :D

Al, I'm pretty sure the Cave stuff u r talking about is found in Frank's house, and it is from Diablo (or something).

8. grzgrzlb

grzgrzlb Member

this may be off topic, but does this music sound very much like the music in diablo to anyone else? it almost seems to me as if it could be the same artist.

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You are very perceptive...especially when one considers that the post immediately preceeding yours said EXACTLY where it came from...

*Sheeesh*

I wonder if people even read what others post.

10. darkmoon

darkmoon Member

Church of St. Cuthbert for me. Spiritual and freaky piece that is.

11. Boozenbar

Boozenbar Member

Not sure on the music but please, please kill the crickets! :eek:_O:

12. ben34

ben34 Member

The church music at the st. cuthburt church but in the new .6 build its gone! and the perpetual spell casting blurts out the spiritual meditation value as well I would suggest only having effect casting after key quest and or conversation dialog only to still add content yet not effect gameplay enjoyment.

Our Host!