Solo Cleric: Stuck at a door!!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Aug 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

I'm currently in verbo at around 13th level. I'm setting up elaborate plans for battles I shouldn't be able to beat, and surviving with my limited skill set. Armed with nothing but my +3 warhammer, faith in St. Cuthbert and my moxy (along with a ton of items i've created :D ) I fear no creature, man or vegetable!

However, I have been foiled by the locked door leading into the drow caves!

Any solutions that don't involve me dilluting my FAITH with the godless rogue class? Also note i've already killed the rogue in the Inn, he was caught cheating and sentenced to a painful death - so I fear no npcs are around to do it for me.

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I am afraid you must make sacrifices for your faith.....

Spoiler..

Have you rescued the gnome from the moathouse? He should help you out.

3. ShadowDeth

There is a gnome in the moathouse? :aaaa:

Hopefully I haven't cleansed him. I've been doing a lot of cleansing....

4. Zebedee

I think you'd know if you'd cleansed him and his friends :)

5. ShadowDeth

I can't say i've ever run into a gnome at the moathouse, so ill head back in and look around. Thanks for the tip!

6. Noran the Axe

Noran the Axe Member

The gnome at the moat house probably won't do you any good since he won't join the party (that I've ever seen at least). He will give you a ring that allows you to acquire a different gnome from the temple that you could use.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with taking another NPC (any will do) along with you and leveling THEM up as a rogue to do the dirty work. Just a thought. Take it or leave it.

7. ShadowDeth

Yeah, that's probably for the best. kinda sad I didn't think to just grab someone and make them a rogue. :p

8. Zebedee

You're not rescuing Nybble to get anyone else to join the party ;) Although recruiting Wonnilon would work I guess.

9. Noran the Axe

Noran the Axe Member

Okay, then I am confused as to your above referrence to rescue a gnome from the moathouse. Care to elaborate?

10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Nope. You just have to play it and find out. If we give out all the plot lines, what's the fun in that?

11. Noran the Axe

Noran the Axe Member

The thing is, I've never seen doing that have any real affect on the game other they the gnome ring and Wonnylon (spelling?). Not really looking for you to spoil us publicly, but please PM me with what you're referring to as I'd really like to understand your comment about the rescue - it has me very confused.

12. Zebedee

From your PM, I can see why you're confused Noran. Seems like there might be a bug or something I'm missing from your description of what happens. Might be worth bringing it up in the bug report thread and seeing what Allyx and/or Ruf make of it.

Our Host!