forcing the turn-based mode

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by doctorcaligarissss, Aug 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorcaligarissss

doctorcaligarissss Member

It is possible to force the turn-based mode with the key C, but after a turn the game returns to the real-time mode.

I can to force a persistent turn-based mode with a editor, with a console command, with a script or in other way?

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Why would you want to be turn-based outside of combat? It would take you forever to get anywhere.

3. doctorcaligarissss

doctorcaligarissss Member

I want to create minimaps to play a turn-based multiplayer with 2 or 3 my friends, like a mini session of D&D.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

IMO - I believe that would require changing the basic mechanics of how the game works [probably major DLL hacks or maybe even a re-write] and cannot see anyone implementing your request.

PS: Agetian would probably be best to articulate the "why nots" of what you are requesting.

5. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Dr. your question about modding the game to be multiplayer has been asked and answer. Any further Threads started on the same topic will be treated as SPAM and deleted immediately. This is the second thread, three strikes your out. Happy to help you with the game but you have already been told this isn't going to happen.

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

As far as your question goes, doctorcaligarissss, sorry to ruin all your expectations, but it's not something that's going to happen unless you're either: a) a member of Troika or Atari having the source code (which I assume you aren't ;)); b) one of those "leet hackers" (C) who can rewrite the whole game without having the source code (or at least believe that they can ;))

If you want a multiplayer, a heroquest-like gameplay, or something else like that, you have to look for another platform because, as a seasoned modder, I tell you that what you're asking for or anything similar is NOT going to happen, at least not within any reasonable time span.

Now, on to less pleasant things. I noticed this thread, and a couple other threads that were deleted by rufnredde not so long ago, one of which was actually a private message directed to rufnredde started as a separate thread in the open forum, another was an open complaint about the thread getting closed. In both cases it's absolutely legit to say that the boards were spammed. I will not tolerate any spam on these boards, as well as any attempts to start a flame war, insult the site administration, or anything like that. Should I get one more word about your misbehavior from any of the site moderators, stating that you're continuously spamming the boards or breaking the rules in some other way, you will be banned forever from using the site. I hope this makes sense to you, I never warn people twice.

- Agetian

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!