Extraplanar chest issue?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by HobbesMG, Jul 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

Ok I did what I needed to do to get my first extraplanar chest. I have the minature and the regular chest is sitting in my house in nulb. It is empty except for the note it came with. I plan on using it for my loot in a major dungeon run. There is jut one little problem........

I cant get the dang chest to go away. It has become a third chest at home instead of something to summon in as needed. I have used it from the radial menu and the motion and effects are there but the chest stays. I have tried in from the inventory panel and tried "use item" but get a message that it failed.

So If I may ask... what am I missing? I saw an allusion in the beta thread to fixing a problem with first cast but no details.

Help please.

Thanks

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

My first question is are you using 5.0.0 beta or 5.0.0 Final?

This issue was fixed in the Cumulative Fixes for the beta, and was incorporated into the Final. If you are using the beta, you need to download the Cumulative Fixes in post 4 of the beta thread, and install them. Make sure you read the install instructions in that post, and read and follow the instructions in the Verbobonc ReadMe that comes with the Cumulative Fixes.

If you are using the beta and have already installed the last Cumulative Fixes posted, re-read the install instructions and try installing them again.

If you are using 5.0.0 Final, you should not be having this problem. I have tested the Chest extensively, as have others. Please zip up Spell761 - Extraplanar Chest.py in your data\scr directory and post it here. I will take a look at it.

And for future reference, next time you post a problem with a mod, mentioning which mod and version you are using would save me from having to type such long replies. :p

3. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

Dang and I tried to be specific for you too. Sorry

I am using 5.0 final. I have added cumlative fixes from the Mods and fixes 5.0.1 thread with the last update being on July 16.

File should be attached

Edit: Never used the Beta version if that makes a difference

Attached Files:

4. Cerulean the Blue

Ah, I found the problem. The Cumulative Mods and Fixes was using an old version of Co8.py, which the Extraplanar Chest spell depends on. I have fixed this in the Cumulative Mods and Fixes. Re-download and re-install them, and then delete all the .pyc files in your data\scr folder. That should take care of the problem.

5. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

Much thanks. Was hoping it wasn't something I did that messed things up. Will go re-download now.

6. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Here's a good place to say thank you, right? The extraplanar chest makes the Temple 10,000 times more fun--thank you!! One of the best mods this game has seen.

:clap: :clap:

7. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

shame mine don't work then.
    I have 5.0.0 finnal and when i try to use the scrols nothings happens, Is it something wrong with my game or am I just not using it right?

8. Cerulean the Blue

If you don't have 5050 gp, then nothing will happen. It costs that much to cast the spell. It even says so in the spell discription (which you do not see when you have a scroll) and the release notes (which you can read at any time).

And when I say gp, I mean gp. Sometimes the game has a problem converting platinum into gold for the purposes of spells and dialog. It may work if you have enough platinum, or it may not. That is beyond my control.

Beyond that, and baring you having downloaded and installed a version of the 5.0.1 Cumulative Fixes and Mods prior to July 18, 2006, I don't know what is wrong. I will try to help if I can, once you give me more information. Thus far I have yet to run into any problems with specific game installs, but there is a first time for everything.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  9. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

SPOILER

I believe there's also one somewhere in the moathouse. I only found it there when I revisited the moathouse for the respawn, though it may have been there before.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  10. Kneller1

ok, Know I know why, I didn't have enouth money.

11. Kneller1

err, mine's not working again.
    I have used it times before but now when I use the miniture it don't appear. I have shearched everythere I used it in case I forgot to send it away but it's not there. please help, there's quite a lot in there.

12. Cerulean the Blue

For detailed help with the Extraplanar Chest, you are going to have to catch me online on the IRC channel or one of the IM services listed in my profile. It is just too difficult to do technical diagnostics on that thing in a forum that is not real time.

I'm usually online most evenings (GMT + 8 time zone).

13. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

I recently finished the new co8 5.0.0 version of the game, and enjoyed the convenience of the extraplanar chest. (Thanks CTB! :) )

As I recall, the little note that came with the chest said not to put in charged or crafted items. I also had a problem with jewelry not stacking (it would drop duplicates into the ether (or whatever plane this thing lives on)). Anyway, the problem was only with jewelry (as far as I noticed) -- no problems with stacking quantities of gems in the chest. [I noticed the problem after clearing the bottom level of the temple and was running with the 03-AUG-2006 cumulative patches at the time.]

If this is a common problem with the extraplanar chest (and not just isolated to my game), it might be nice to mention it in the note that comes with the chest.

14. Cerulean the Blue

It is indeed a bug. I missed the fact that jewelry is classified as armor. Thanks for pointing it out. I have a fix for it that will be up in the 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes thread soon.

15. DrakeEB

DrakeEB Member

Hate to sound like a newb but i still am not sure how exactly to use it. :(

Our Host!