Temple.dll crashes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Havoc, Jul 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

Also... (sorry if this has already been answered, briefly skimmed the thread)... have you run in Windowed Mode, to see if it crashes?

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

As well as turning audio acceleration all the way down [as Dhoom mentioned], you can also turn video acceleration all the way down.

Plus, if needed, check the Microsoft website for information on using the DxDiag command and its settings [and troubleshooting settings and problems].

Note: One [or both] of your CD disks could actually be bad, not just dirty - possibly, where nothing we advise you to do will resolve the issue. :dizzy:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

[MORE] for your newer computer of your two computers

(1) Make sure the antivirus monitoring protection setting in the BIOS is set to disabled. [most likely has been disabled and is disabled...but check it]

(2) You can try setting your built-in motherboard overclocking feature to ensure it has the minimum setting in place.
    ...this -> Hybrid Booster - ASRock safe overclocking

(3) You can try this alternate audio driver for your CMedia CMI9761 AC97 6-channel audio found on your motherboard.
    download & install this -> click here <--- there

(4) What bugs me about what is bugging your ToEE is that you have bad problems with ToEE running on two different computers, not the same model and different hardware. It could be unrelated issues, maybe or maybe not.

To the point, I know that a few or more people using a 6800 or newer model of nVidia add-on video card have announced here in the Co8 forums that they cannot play ToEE on their brand new smoking hot 64-bit computer.
    * This is from people proclaiming on Co8 they just got their new 64-bit computer running 32-bit Windows XP with a 6800 or newer nVidia add-on video card [fewer of them upgraded their recently new 32-bit computer to have a new 6800 or newer video card]. If someone can afford the cost of that kind of card, they normally get a new computer, too.
    What I would be interested in is if you could uninstall the video driver on the newer computer with the nVidia 6800GS 256MB, shutdown the computer and, while shutdown, remove the video card and temporarily use a different add-on video card [maybe even an older add-on PCI video card with only 32 MB RAM - just for testing], and install its driver from its CD disk to see if that fixes the issue, or not.
    ** You cannot remove the audio from the motherboard, so all you can do for it is to find the most compatible driver for it. I would suggest you stay away from disabling the audio on the motherboard and adding an add-on audio card. Really, I suggest do not do that. I would expect that if the problem is hardware, it is more likely to be the video card related rather than be a problem with the onboard audio card. Most audio card problems with respect to games are driver issue related [and if no driver can fix it, then change the audio acceleration].

[EDIT] your computer

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  4. Havoc

Havoc Member

Dhoom ... what you think i dont know how to turn off hardware acceleration?:nerd: You can do it in DxDiag too.

Windowed mode crashes too but sometimes it played longer.

What i need about graphic acceleration in ToEE is which mode it uses? Because i played IWD2 and i had to turn off graphic acceleration in DxDiag for it to work.
    DirectDraw
    Direct3D
    AGP texturing (dunno how in english its spelled)

1-I dont think i have such feature in BIOS but i will check and tell you if i have.
    2-If its built in i dont think i can help it somehow but i will read the manual and check BIOS.
    3-It sends to C-Media site if i want to DL and i already used New ones, those in asrock site and those which came with the motherboard
    4-I have major problems in this pc but not in the older one... which i think if i wanted would be work but the game lags on that one (sloppy).

Yes i can see that isnt audio problem because i tried turning off audio acceleration and the error still comes. So it must be the 6800GS ... its just too good for ToEE:grin:

5. Havoc

Havoc Member

Another strange thing. I tried to launch the game with turned off DirectDraw and Direct3D and the game wouldnt start. But when i launched with turned off AGP texturing the game launched and somehow i didnt get (maybe i was lucky) a temple.dll error but the game freeze my pc.. i had to restart.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

video driver and, or video acceleration...or, possibly, a AGP/Accelerator video setting in the BIOS, too

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
Our Host!