Thank You Thank You Thank You

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Fahrenheit, Jul 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Pyromancer

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the entire Modding community for the Co8 patches.

I bought this game a couple of years ago, played about 1/2 way through it (to the 2nd Temple level), but I lost the play disc and a) didn't know you could download a patch to play without it, and b) had my computer that had it installed die anyway so a) is moot.

Anyway, I found the disk in a recent move, installed the game on my new computer, and played through with Atari's patch 3 (ugh). I remembered using Co8's old patch, missed the ability to buy masterwork weapons and additional content. OK, OK... I really just wanted to get into the brothel. :grin:.

Anyway, I re-found this site, downloaded the (brand new!) patch, and have just started another party.

Reviewed the patch notes and ... zomg wow. I'm amazed and excited to rediscover everything.

I've hardly walked into Hommlet and I already am grateful. Buying my own equipment, kids added to the town, new VOICED NPCs giving me assistance? All this stuff totally rocks and adds to the immesion factor, and I know that I've only briefly glimpsed the surface of the additional content.

You, in short, are the gods of modding.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have one request. I want a Mimic that eats characters named "Rundor".

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  2. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

I'd be willing to bet that Rundor will be making an appearance in the next release.

3. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

you should have to open a really high dc'ed chest and find it is a mimic.

4. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

hahahhaha

and then it does a format c:

;)

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

LOL!
    If your party leader's name is Rundor, damn straight!

Seriously though, we need mimics. We have the model of the chest, and we could somehow turn the 'opening' animation into a bite, I am willing to bet. (Pretty lame looking bite, but better than nothing!)

6. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

You know, given the uber-scritpting power of TOEE that's actually pretty easy.

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Try this: Once the chest is tampered with, destroy & then replace it with a re-skinned Ooze or jelly; even a shrunken gelatinous cube would work. Kalshane could stat it correctly, and textures...we got a few folks with the skills. The pseudopod attack looks far more mimic-y than a chest lid biting at you.

8. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

I have been working on a mimic, but I have been using the frog tongue animation. At least for now mind if I borrow some the ooze idea? If you have any more thoughts post them and I'll see what I can do.

9. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

The Mimic isa great idea. What I was thinking was another NPC from a wandering encounter, like the bard.

It would be a first level rogue with no open locks points, who complains endlessly about how hard it is to open chests. The poor sap who recruits him would have a worse whiner than Fruella in his party, and the only way to get rid of him would be to stuff him into a chest and lock it.

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Gee, what could we name said useless NPC?????

Maybeeee.......

RUNDOR?!?!?!?!?!

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

That's what I'm good for...Idears. And, like you have to ask...:chairshot

I dub thee Sir Oozful the Modnificent. If I think of anything else, rest assured, it will sleaze its way onto this forum.

12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

THREADOMANCYYYY

Humm, i thougth the same about the frog tongue. But it seems that it would not work if not used in a frog.
    We could try a gelatinous cube, as L_S suggest.

If that doesn't work, we could use a frog. I think a chest could be attached to it, and if i set the rest of the frog invisible..voilĂ ! you'll only see an open chest, and the tongue lashing out.

Worth to check it, but not now. Let's keep it for later :)

13. Shiningted

DEAR GAWD remeshing a gelatinous cube is BRILLIANT! How did I miss that post? :anger: It would even have a give-away wobble...

EDIT: Btw, I tried just giving the frog's tongue attack to another model - didn't work for me :(

14. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Yup, it would be really really simple to just make a re paint of the mesh :)

Nope, seems to be part of the frog model, not the spell :(

Thinking of it...i dunno, but if the tongue is treated as an addmesh, then we can attach it to another model! OMFG, if that works, we could even have Morghs, since attaching an addmesh to a skeleton is really easy :)
    Anyways, the attack of the gelatinous cube should be good enough, since Mimics tend to bash their targets, not lick them :p

15. Shiningted

Yeah I heartily agree, having them heave over you like a gelatinous cube will be more than good enough.

Our Host!