Questions about Co8 5.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Bio-Mage, Jun 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

First of all let me say thank you to all those that have improved vastly on this game and actually made it show its potential. You deserve a lot of respect for doing all this and give us the opportunity to actually play this the way it was meant to be played :rock:

Now down to business. I would like to ask a couple of questions about the upcoming release of the CO8 mod if I may:

1) Are there gonna be NPC clerics in the game?

2) Will loot items found on locations net random items? (save of course quest items)

3) Will the familiars have a description as to what bonuses they confer to the caster as a floating text?

4) Will the items have actual desrciptions of their full bonuses and penalties?

5) Is that cursed Fragarash sword bug fixed (or at least enable a version with no retaliation attack?)

6)Are any of the broken enchantments on armour (like spell resistance) fixed?

If there is stil time I would like to make a balance suggestion. Is there any way to import a limit on the enchantments made on a weapon or armour? Lets say only one elemental enchantment and one enhancement per item (bar again special items found). I suppose you can always limit yourself but for some of us the temptation is too great :D

:rock:

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Yes.

No. And why should there be? This is D&D, not Diablo. The adventure is balance around you being able to find certain items.

No. Though this is certainly something to look into.

The item descriptions have been improved, but I believe there is a limited amount of space.

No. This requires a .dll hack.

See above.

There is no restriction in the D&D rules from putting multiple elemental enhancements on one weapon. The only restriction is that weapons and armor can have no more than the equivalent of +10 in enhancements.

3. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

I read somewhere that version 5.0.0 was coming out the end of last month...do we have an ETA on it please? (sorry cant wait....:) )

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Release date for 5.0.0 has been set at July 10th (to give us time to work out any kinks in the patch that may be caused by the recently added new content).

5. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Thank you Allyx...you are a star and everyone else involved in this is to be congratulated !!!

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Not so fast Allyx. The release date has not been set. The deadline for new material has past, and the deadline for bug fixes is this coming Friday, but I never publicly set a release date. I haven't even talked to Morpheus yet about the installer.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sorry Blue, I got the cart in front on the horse - D'oh.

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

*wakes up briefly* Who? What? Did somebody mention my name? *slumbers away again* :zzz:

(I'm available this coming weekend, if my services are required.)

Our Host!